Sit'n on the porch

Good Tuesday Morning!
Coffees Ready!
I am headed in for cup #2
View attachment 2920922
Good morning Porchers and Grandma Dekorte😊. 16 degrees here and yucky. This is February weather…not December temps. The girls are definitely getting a warm breakfast of eggs and a slurry of their food mixed with some egg shells for crunch. What we will do for the ladies!

Good morning Porchers and Grandma Dekorte😊. 16 degrees here and yucky. This is February weather…not December temps. The girls are definitely getting a warm breakfast of eggs and a slurry of their food mixed with some egg shells for crunch. What we will do for the ladies!
Oh good morning, its 38 on the porch a VERY dark out

I can't wait to review them. I have bookmarked for later when I'm sitting having a cup of coffee. 😉
AND all is a go!!!! I am so glad
The plan is:
Raise the coop up on treated 4X4s or bigger, and back fill with sand,

The low roof side will be to the outside of the run with a porch type cover for garden tools and feed,

The run will extend 7feet north and 7feet south off the high side N & S corners of the coop,

There will be one 16foot roost on the inside, back west wall,

On the east wall the door will be center

On the south wall one long nesting box shelf, - under the nesting box shelf will be a brooder nest area, raised up a bit off the floor and with hardwire surrounding it with an opening so I will be able to visit new chicks and clean the brooder
On the north wall ; northeast corner will be

feed water feed
🐓⭕🐓🐓⭕🐓🐓⭕🐓
spaced so there is plenty of room for the chickens to move around the feed

under the water I think I will "box" in a large box of rock so if they spill the water it doesn't flood the sand floor

Off the east wall of the coop the run will be covered ???feet??? to give the flock protection from HEAT, rain and snow, a dry area for dust baths and we will rig up outdoor roost under it,

The run will extend out as far as we can go like this just bigger,

1638905842134.png

and be covered with hard wire cloth
1638905814921.png

Back
Top Bottom