sitting in my coop..am i crazy?

One time I was out in the coop so long my kids thought I had left them home alone !
lau.gif
Even though my van was in the driveway and I have never left them home. My two youngest are 9 and 12... They were worried ... I said " well from now on if you cant find me I'll be with the chickens " now they just think Im weird... BUTT better weird and calm than weird and stressed out right.... Only chicken people know what chickens can really do for your soul.... and you dont have to cook them first..
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Last edited:
Wendy'sChicksRock :

One time I was out in the coop so long my kids thought I had left them home alone !
lau.gif
Even though my van was in the driveway and I have never left them home. My two youngest are 9 and 12... They were worried ... I said " well from now on if you cant find me I'll be with the chickens " now they just think Im weird... BUTT better weird and calm than weird and stressed out right.... Only chicken people know what chickens can really do for your soul.... and you dont have to cook them first..
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

AMEN!!!
lol.png

I absolutely love to sit with my chickens every day, and they are not laying yet. Just sitting in the pen when I get home from work calms me down and makes it easier to shift from work attitude to home attitude. Tonight, I got to listen to my unintentional rooster try to crow for the first time (well, first time I've ever heard him, anyway)! I laughed so hard it brought tears to my eyes! I had two names picked out for him: Loud Howard, or Mr. Jones: however, after listening to his attempt to crow, I may name him Bob Dylan........no disrespect intended, I happen to like Bob Dylan, but he does have a unique voice and style of singing.........LOL!

I sit in my coop every day to protect the layers from Dolly (our Alpha Hen) who thinks ONLY her girls (sex links) are allowed to use the nest boxes. I get up close and personal with each one of the girls...they come and tell me all their woes and I get to hear their different versions of the Egg Song and the Celebration Song.

It is great therapy. My DH works away from home...I'm here alone...but not really...I have 22 girlfriends to talk to!
wee.gif
They don't go behind my back and spread rumors about me, unlike some former girlfriends!
somad.gif

I'm out with my girls EVERY STINKIN DAY. I have a patio chair and some shelves to hold my stuff while I congratulate them for a job well done.

Occasionally I'll get a peck/scratch on the shoe, a rub up against my leg, or the alpha hen will perform a surprise inspection of my laptop to make sure I'm not hiding anything scrumptious. I tell them I'm not carrying anything of interest but that's usually not the case.

It's too bad the days are getting shorter. I could spend all day put there...

I have a little stool that I use to sit with my girls every day, so you are not crazy! They jump up on my lap for pets and poke at me to see if my clothing might be hiding something to eat. They indeed are therapy, despite the pokes. It's fun and relaxing to hang out with them and they seem to enjoy the company. I haven't heard the "egg song" b/c the coop is pretty far from the house, but I have caught Dora in the nest box. She sits in there, adjusting the wood shavings to her liking and gives little clucks to me. It's so heartwarming.

I went to stir the bedding in the hen house this morning when there was my roo in the nest box with a new hen. It is so sweet to see, My chickens and ducks are my therapy too. And you don't have to pay 100.00 an hour.

Back
Top Bottom