Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Quote: Clearly photoshopped (look how out of focus the handle is) but priceless, none the less.
lau.gif

@TeaChick
thumbsup.gif
smile.png
love.gif
hugs.gif
highfive.gif

thank-you-card-smiley-emoticon.gif
thank-you-glitter-smiley-emoticon.gif

Thanks for being YOU!

Aw! You're so sweet!!!!
love.gif

Ok, so after lots of prayer and a discussion with DD, I've decided to try an antibiotic after all. I've been so against using antibiotics, but the thought occurred to me that the antibiotics don't stay in the chicken's bloodstream forever.
facepalm-smiley-emoticon.gif
Duh.

Tomorrow I am calling the feed supply stores & TSC to see if they have Sulfadimethoxine in stock. According to my research, this is the safest & most effective treatment for Infectious Coryza, as well as Cocci, & E. coli. (I found a tad bit of what looks like blood in some of the feces under their roosting poles this afternoon). If they have any Cocci or E. coli along with the Coryza, I can get it all treated with one dose.

I'm hoping I can get my hands on it right away, because I want to get them treated & better ASAP. I also plan to spend a little time tomorrow disinfecting all my feeders, waterers, utensils, etc. Along with my muck boots.

The good news is, I didn't see any of the other chicks with puffy eyes today, and my Brahma in isolation now only has ONE puffy eye. Hey - it's an improvement, so I rejoice!
wink.png

I hope all turns out well!!!
hugs.gif

Yeah, with the antibiotics, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. You've got to go with your gut and do what's best for your situation. =)

HI PEOPLES! I'M DRINKING COFFEE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 2 DAYS (I WAS SICK SO I COULDN'T DRINK IT
sickbyc.gif
)

SO, WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLES UP TO?

P.S. I'M DRINKING COFFEE OUT OF A JAR SHAPED LIKE A BEAR WITH A RED SWIRLY-STRAW!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

You're something else! =)
Glad you're feeling better; sorry you were sick.
hugs.gif

Here are some random pictures of things that were horribly translated into English from other languages.
CLICK TO MAKE THE PHOTOS LARGER.

"please don't be edible"

"flesh juice"

"DYING RIGHT HERE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED".....

"DO NOT DISTURB".......

THEY PROBABLY MEANT "CONSTRUCTION"....

REMEMBER, SAFETY IS DANGEROUS.....

"POISONOUS AND EVIL RUBBISH"...

WORLD'S MOST PAINFUL MANICURE SET....

"BEWARE OF MISSING FOOT"

UNRECYCLING VS RECYCLING....

"HAND GRENADE"

"SIX ROASTED HUSBAND".......

APPARENTLY "THE WILD GERM HATES SOUP"

"SLIP AND FALL DOWN CAREFULLY"

"ALL KINDS OF COOL FOOD" IS SERIOUSLY ON THIS MENU....

I NEVER KNEW THAT DOUGHNUTS WERE REALLY CALLED "HOLETHINGS"

"BOAT GOES FARTHERER"

I BET I HAVE SCARRED YOU FOR LIFE!
lol.png
lau.gif
Me and the kids are absolutely rolling!!!

they nest near the creek in our back forty and like to chase grasshoppers around our field next to the house.  One year I laughed myself silly standing on the back porch watching my husband use the rototiller out in the field to tear up a strip to plant some deer corn.  He had no idea there were two big cranes following RIGHT behind him checking out what he was turning up!!!!  :lau

I would like to see them I have only seen them flying. I always hear then first, then locate them in tne air. I have seen them on TV. I have some friends that have seen them in the winter in Aransas Pass. I am sure they rest overnight and feed somewhere near here. I don't know where though. My chickens like to scratch in the new plowed ground when I am tilling the garden.

Hello! :3

Hi! =)

That is child #4, my most serious child. So, he is the perfect one to trust to get the coffee done correctly.
big_smile.png
Child #2 is the one that occasionally posts.

We did lots of outside cleaning today. Child #2 orchestrated replacing the door for the duck coop, the rest of us did general clean-up.

I trimmed Muscovy duck toenails (actually a three person job, I am very glad I have lots of kids), made sure that the drake, who looks FILTHY got some time in the orchard/duck pen as well a big bathtub(he hasn't been bathing in the little tub the ducks had for the winter months).

I also counted Muscovy eggs, TWENTY FOUR! Why, haven't any gone broody? Really? 24?!?!?!?!?!???!!! -sigh- hopefully, they will start to sit any day now.
roll.png
I actually divided the eggs into two separate nests (I actually found two nests, one with only two eggs, the rest in the other). I put 8 in one and 16 in the other.

Ah, yes, choosing the serious child for coffee making is important!!!

IDK anything about ducks, but I hope things get better. Is their brooding dependent upon the weather, like warm weather?

just a bad day, testing a new silkie broody and all four of her chicks died, three had jumped out of the nest and could not get back to the warmth, the fourth was crippled (might have been stepped on). I need to redesign her nest, my fault her chicks got chilled.
I have had success with the other two bantams, both adopted 2 large fowl chicks.

good morning
caf.gif

Oh, I understand. That's hard!!!
hugs.gif

Glad it worked out with the bantam mommy/LF chick!!! =)

GOOD MORNING PEOPLES! TODAY I'M DRINKING COFFEE OUT OF THE UGLY PINK FLAMINGO BOWL WITH AN UMBRELLA STRAW! I COULDN'T SLEEP AT ALL LAST NIGHT SO I MADE A PUPPET OUT OF A TENNIS BALL AND DRANK TONS OF COFFEE!

SO, WHAT IS EVERYONE UP TO?

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

I want an "ugly pink flamingo bowl with an umbrella straw"!!!!!
I'm dealing with a first time broody who's also sick, but I have had a successful hatch. =)

LL

THIS IS WHAT I DID WRONG, I DIDN'T READ THE SIGN!!!
lau.gif
and
hugs.gif

lau.gif

Is that photoshopped or real?

That is WONDERFUL!

Talking of wonderful....

I had two more Dominiques hatch, and one is a definite boy, VERY happy about that. (So, three total now, and one more Dominique egg that is clearly alive) And, the leghorns are starting to hatch, one dark brown has already popped out and there are three pips, with another maybe 17 eggs after that.

Very happy.
big_smile.png

That's got to be photoshopped, but it's hilarious all the same.
I'm showing it to DH; I'll let you guys know what he says. =)
ya.gif
about the chicks and eggs!!! =D

Oooooh, yeah teachick! How did your hatch go? What did you get?

Looks like I have three pullets out of three eggs!!!
clap.gif
Happy Tea Chick, very happy Tea Chick!!! =D

Now, I've got three eggs from under my insane broody hen in there.
hu.gif
She pecked an egg, what else could I do but swap them out for golf balls???

Oooooh, yeah teachick! How did your hatch go? What did you get?

Looks like I have three pullets out of three eggs!!! :clap Happy Tea Chick, very happy Tea Chick!!! =D

Now, I've got three eggs from under my insane broody hen in there. :confused:   She pecked an egg, what else could I do but swap them out for golf balls???

Wowsers getting all three to be exactly what you wanted! Now, if I could only learn that trick! :lau

I now have those first three Doms still looking good, one more dom egg is now peeping, but not pipped. On the Leghorn set, three dark browns have hatched, 2 girls and one boy, and one white has hatched (I can't sex that one by color, so :confused: )

Oh, my broody still looks good, she got up when we were in the room and one if her 5 eggs had zipped.... So she is doing great too. There are lots more eggs, with a few more pips, but I wish they would be FASTER. Some people's eggs hatch more together... Dunno what it is that makes the difference :confused:

Back
Top Bottom