Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Quote: they love the water and fields around us. They can be incredibly noisy. The pair that nests on our place fly over the house, just barely clearing the roof, heading for the fields right at dawn make a racket that would wake the dead!
ep.gif
and you can set your watch by the time they come back over heading for the creek in the evening. It is cool to watch them in the field doing their crazy dance.

they love the water and fields around us.  They can be incredibly noisy.  The pair that nests on our place fly over the house, just barely clearing the roof, heading for the fields right at dawn make a racket that would wake the dead! :eek:  and you can set your watch by the time they come back over heading for the creek in the evening.  It is cool to watch them in the field doing their crazy dance.

From the sounds they make flying high overhead I can just imagine how loud they are just above rooftop level.

Aw! You're so sweet!!!!
love.gif

I hope all turns out well!!!
hugs.gif

Yeah, with the antibiotics, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. You've got to go with your gut and do what's best for your situation. =)

Well, I just wanted to thank you, because I was really depressed, but everyone's posts (esp yours) made me feel so much better.

Well, they are all being treated now, so we'll see what happens in a few days. I put both chicks back in the pen with the others, so I could treat everyone. Only one of her eyes was swollen, so that's great! I feel much better now that I'm doing something about it.

Well! I finally have a broody!! One of the original game hens I got last April has decided she's ready to hatch eggs. Too bad she wasn't ready back in March. Oh well.
idunno.gif

At first I was frustrated with her, but my attempts at forcing her out of the nest didn't work. I've never seen a hen so puffed up before. I swear she hissed at me.
hide.gif
So - I grabbed 2 fresh game eggs and snuck them under her real quick, and she took her wings to tuck them under her. So cute!
I've already got all the chicks I want, but I would love to experiment with the real thing!
pop.gif
So, I'll let her hatch these, and once they hatch I'll just put her and the babies in a separate pen.

Now I'm kinda excited.
clap.gif

HELLO PEOPLES! I WOULD BE DRINKING COFFEE, BUT I HAVE A COLD
sickbyc.gif

HERE ARE SOME MORE RANDOM TRANSLATION FAILURES!

"I SUSPECT FOWL PLAY...."

"FIX" ME SOMETHING TO EAT..."

"DON'T PASS AWAY....."

"NO ENTRY FOR ALIENS!"

"PLEASE DO LITTER"

"STEAMED DUMBLING..."

"A SPA CLOSED TO YOU...."

"MOM, YOU HAVE REALLY LET YOURSELF GO...."

"YUM, MOO MEAT...."

"PALACE OF EXPLOSIVE KIDNEY''

"SPICY AND FLESH AND BLOOD"

"APPARENTLY MY NAME IS "THING"....."

"EATEN RAW LOBSTER..."

"LISTEN TO MEE...."

"THEY LOSE IT ANYWAY.."

"YOU WANT LIVES? WE HAVE LIVES!"

"EPIC FALE..."

MORE THAN THIRTY PEOPLE = GRUBS......

MY FAVORITE CLOTHING STORE.....

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

FREE HUGS FOR EVERYONE!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Last edited:

Welcome to any newcomers I missed and Hello Everyone! Today I am celebrating my "29th" Birthday!

So Sorry @chickisoup about your mishap! Hope you heal real soon! Nice to have a hubby get your coffee for you! Can't live without that!

Sorry about the losses @ocap

I hope your chicks do better soon @GAFarmGirl87 !

@Alaskan Nice avi, Did you have that up last year too? Is my memory working? Can't remember but it looks familiar.

I've been off for a little while. I have been trying to catch up on all the construction, painting and new chicks, & old chick chores! Dealing with dental problems, springtime allergies and sinus junk too.
The biggest thing is the construction. DSO hired a contractor. The SIL of a guy from his work. Let's just say inexperience and speed are definitely not a good combo.
roll.png
While he was experienced for commercial his residential experience was little. His attention to details lacking. I have been going around fixing many of his jobs. DSO didn't want to say anything because he works with his FIL, of course that's logical. You pay someone to do a job and if it's not right don't complain, just live with it or have someone else fix it.
duc.gif
he.gif
So far I've had to fill in walls with joint compound for missed screws, not sanded properly or just plain not enough. I have realigned 2 door jambs because there wasn't enough shims placed behind them , and none at the top of the frame, to keep them from bowing and they were already starting to bow so the trim casings wouldn't have lined up right.. I have replaced drywall that was too thick and I still have to replace shoe moulding that he put on upside down. And take the excess underlayment pad out from under the installed engineered oak flooring. Which is right under the door opening so the door rubs it every time you open/close the door. At least I only have to undo a small section. He also didn't add furring strips to level out the ceilings that he was asked to do and said he would/could. He reason for not doing,He didn't think it looked that bad. It was 3/4 inch off in less than 5 feet.
somad.gif
Pretty noticeable especially with wood trim added just a little bit below! On a good note he's not coming back and I have the skill to correct many of the bad things. He also left out 3 electrical outlets he was asked to put in. By the time I find all this he of course already has drywall up so it would take more time to fix and then of course cost more, even if they are HIS mistakes!
rant.gif
But I cant straightened the ceiling out unless it's ripped down and corrected. One more good thing - I'm almost done. Though I may have the skill, at "29" I'm running out of energy for it. I still have so many outdoor things to attend to! DSO agreed he is not coming back.
smack.gif
Future work will be done by someone that we have seen their work, and are highly recommended by another and has years of experience.

Whew! Thanks for letting me rant! 'Nuff said!
duc.gif
Back to work and time for a BIG cup of joe!

Last edited:
Welcome to any newcomers I missed and Hello Everyone! Today I am celebrating my "29th" Birthday! So Sorry @chickisoup about your mishap! Hope you heal real soon! Nice to have a hubby get your coffee for you! Can't live without that! Sorry about the losses @ocap I hope your chicks do better soon @GAFarmGirl87 ! @Alaskan Nice avi, Did you have that up last year too? Is my memory working? Can't remember but it looks familiar. I've been off for a little while. I have been trying to catch up on all the construction, painting and new chicks, & old chick chores! Dealing with dental problems, springtime allergies and sinus junk too. The biggest thing is the construction. DSO hired a contractor. The SIL of a guy from his work. Let's just say inexperience and speed are definitely not a good combo.:rolleyes: While he was experienced for commercial his residential experience was little. His attention to details lacking. I have been going around fixing many of his jobs. DSO didn't want to say anything because he works with his FIL, of course that's logical. You pay someone to do a job and if it's not right don't complain, just live with it or have someone else fix it.:duc :he So far I've had to fill in walls with joint compound for missed screws, not sanded properly or just plain not enough. I have realigned 2 door jambs because there wasn't enough shims placed behind them , and none at the top of the frame, to keep them from bowing and they were already starting to bow so the trim casings wouldn't have lined up right.. I have replaced drywall that was too thick and I still have to replace shoe moulding that he put on upside down. And take the excess underlayment pad out from under the installed engineered oak flooring. Which is right under the door opening so the door rubs it every time you open/close the door. At least I only have to undo a small section. He also didn't add furring strips to level out the ceilings that he was asked to do and said he would/could. He reason for not doing,He didn't think it looked that bad. It was 3/4 inch off in less than 5 feet. :mad: Pretty noticeable especially with wood trim added just a little bit below! On a good note he's not coming back and I have the skill to correct many of the bad things. He also left out 3 electrical outlets he was asked to put in. By the time I find all this he of course already has drywall up so it would take more time to fix and then of course cost more, even if they are HIS mistakes! :rant But I cant straightened the ceiling out unless it's ripped down and corrected. One more good thing - I'm almost done. Though I may have the skill, at "29" I'm running out of energy for it. I still have so many outdoor things to attend to! DSO agreed he is not coming back.:smack Future work will be done by someone that we have seen their work, and are highly recommended by another and has years of experience. Whew! Thanks for letting me rant! 'Nuff said!:duc Back to work and time for a BIG cup of joe!
Good morning and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Wow, you have been busy! Glad you got it settled. Enjoy your "29th" birthday!

Back
Top Bottom