Six Chickens Adopted Us - Need to Find Home - One already killed by hawk.

Last night we were finally able to get the hen. She was roosting low enough in the tree so we pulled our pickup under the tree and hubby got in bed with a hook and we got her down. She seems to be fine. We did put her in the coop with her siblings. It was so frigid last night. Whew. In the process, the other black chicken who was not a part of the flock was spotted by our flashlights along our other tree line, very low. We are now thinking she has had her wings clipped as she cannot fly very high. We were able to capture her as well but did not want to put her in with the other chickens as they do not know each other. She is in the pole barn in a portable dog cage with food and water, a make shift perch and hay to keep her warmer. I'll have to start a new post to see how we introduce her to the rest of the flock. She has not eaten anything yet so not sure if she is okay. The original hen, however, seems to be doing well with her other five siblings. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
Thank goodness you have caught them, reading your post with all the replies was better than watching a soap on the tv, I cannot wait for the next installments to see how they are all doing. I hooe you will not have to give them back to your neighbour though :bow

Respect for helping these chickens and other runaway and neglected pets. It shouldn’t be hard to find a new home for them cause chickens are such amazing pets. If you feed them, they even give you eggs in return.
I hope you keep us informed.
Have a feeling they will be ours unless we can find an exceptional home. Will definitely let you know the outcome. Thanks again.

Thank goodness you have caught them, reading your post with all the replies was better than watching a soap on the tv, I cannot wait for the next installments to see how they are all doing. I hooe you will not have to give them back to your neighbour though :bow
Well see what happens. Have not seen any activity at all there so not sure if anyone cares about these birds. Either way. We just all want them to be safe and cares for.

Back
Top Bottom