Skimpy Christmas

Quote:
Have you ever tried making a candy dish with this? NOT for food, but like wrapped candies... I know if it's going to have contact with food that pottery needs to be fired w/specific glazes, but for wrapped candies I figure regular would be okay. I was just curious if this sort of dough would hold the shape... and sizing... is there a certain height where things start collapsing or ???

You know, I've never tried that before. I just got the recipe this year, and so haven't tried much with it. Would be worth looking into!

Wow, there are so many great ideas here! I keep going back through the lists and going, "oh, neat! I missed that one before!"
lol.png

One year, I made a special coupon book for our neighbor's grandson.

The poor kid had everything except someone to spend time with him, so I made coupons for things like "one hour of doing a craft project," or "45 mins of playing Hungry Hippos/Go Fish/Skip-Bo." He knew I wanted him to come play, and that I'd drop what I was doing to honor his coupon. The hour often stretched into 2, and we had fun. I found out later that he kept the empty book.

OK, I have a couple more ideas for younger kids. These are things I do for my kiddos all the time, but I thought my neices and nephews would like them, and they cost hardly anything. But we already have the supplies on hand.
smile.png

I went to Sparkle Box and printed off some Playdough Mats on cardstock and covered them with clear contact paper. If you print on both sides you save paper. My kiddos LOVE these. And they go great packaged with the homemade play dough mentioned earlier.
http://www.sparklebox.co.uk/index.html

I also downloaded stories from Kiddie Record Weekly, which has old stories from the 40s and 50s. They are great! I am going to make a CD with some of them.
http://www.kiddierecords.com/

I am also thinking about making some homemade Silly Putty. Another fun thing would be to make a Silly Putty or Play Dough mix, with the dry and wet ingredients packaged separately, that the kids can mix together and make themselves. I know my nephews would LOVE that!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom