Skin disease? fungal? viral??

smoothmule

Crowing
13 Years
Apr 12, 2008
Buffalo, Missouri
This photo was posted elsewhere by a friend trying to help her friend figure out what this is. It's come up in the past 2 months.

Any ideas? It's an OEGB in case that matters

Doesn't look anything like the photo's I found of favus or ringworm. Someone else mentioned necrotic dermatitis but it's not necrotic, it looks hard and dry. I'll post here if we figure it out. I wish I could examine the hen in person.

Hello Folks,

Not to hijack this thread, but just to add to it. We are encountering something of the same or similar situation, please see the photos below. The 6 months old young rooster begin to have these on one of the wings, one side of the chest, on the back, and the buttock. At first, we thought he was bitten by some smaller animal, like rat because the bump on his buttock came off and he was all bloodied there. But upon closer examination, we assume that the dried up bump came loose.

Recently, he began to loose his bright red color from his face. The past few days, his face has become pale and not as active as he one was.

Seems like there is no answer to the question posted in the original post. We don't know what it is nor what to treat it with either.

@Smoothmule, has there been any additional info posted in the other places where you got the photo from?

Any one with more knowledge, please help. We hate to entertain the thought that we may lose this specialty young rooster. Thank you very much in advance.

I have a silkie roo that has two of these large lessons on him and had a smaller one on his foot.

We removed the smaller one from his foot and found a rather deep hole. We at first thought he was suffering from bumblefoot but found no bumble. This has been unlike anything were familiar with and I'm desperately looking for answers please help.

Hello Folks,

Not to hijack this thread, but just to add to it. We are encountering something of the same or similar situation, please see the photos below. The 6 months old young rooster begin to have these on one of the wings, one side of the chest, on the back, and the buttock. At first, we thought he was bitten by some smaller animal, like rat because the bump on his buttock came off and he was all bloodied there. But upon closer examination, we assume that the dried up bump came loose.

Recently, he began to loose his bright red color from his face. The past few days, his face has become pale and not as active as he one was.

Seems like there is no answer to the question posted in the original post. We don't know what it is nor what to treat it with either.

@Smoothmule, has there been any additional info posted in the other places where you got the photo from?

Any one with more knowledge, please help. We hate to entertain the thought that we may lose this specialty young rooster. Thank you very much in advance.

Did anyone ever figure out what this is??
It looks just like one of my birds but way larger on her back

Did anyone figure out what this is? We have found something similar on one of our pullets.

Attachments

• IMG_2320.jpg
    IMG_2320.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2319.jpg
    IMG_2319.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2310.jpg
    IMG_2310.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom