Sleep talking! Post your looniest statements...

My hubby and I were waiting in our car at the service station for the guy to inspect our car and it took about an hour. Hubby fell asleep, but I thought he was awake, so I was talking to him. I was telling him that I was a little worried about our kitten who was to go to the vet because he was acting a bit lethargic (he is perfectly fine now and almost a year old!).

I said something like "What do you think we should do if there is something seriously wrong with him?"

And hubby said "Oh, just put him on the teacup ride and he'll be fine."
lol.png

He still doesn't believe he said that! And now we use that phrase all the time around here. It works for many different situations!

I don't think I talk in my sleep, or atleast DH never hears it. The other night my DH was asleep already and said "I was going to eat that" and my response was "eat what?" And his reply was " you know mama". I love to talk to him when I am awake and he is sleep talking. He will always respond, it just usually doesn't make sense, but it always cracks me up.

Quote:
lau.gif

My parents say that I used to talk in my sleep all the time but it's usually something ridiculous too. Once when we had a bunch of relatives visiting, my parents had doubled up all the kids in whatever beds were available. My room had 2 beds and my cousin, Deanne, and I shared one while my sister and another cousin shared the other. Deanne and I were woken up one morning by the older gals laughing uproariously and pointing at us! We had no idea what could be so funny and it took them a long time to calm down enough to finally tell us. Apparently Deanne, in her sleep, shouted "My short, my shorts!" and I responded with, "Go to the store and stick 'em on good".

Years ago I sat up straight in bed and asked my ex "what's trump" when he said hearts I smiled, sighed and laid back down.

Once a number of years ago after my divorce and a move to another city, four girlfriends came to visit. I lived in a relatively small 1 bedroom basement suite. People were sleeping all over - living room, kitchen, hallway. They had brought a huge cheesecake with them which we ate a good portion of before bed. I had also recently started taking some new meds. I guess I got up and talked to all of them individually and took some cheesecake to the people who lived up stairs. The next morning when I saw Betty (the lady upstairs), I told her I'd bring her some cheesecake later and she looked at me strangely. I went back down and told my friends that and they looked at me strangely and said "you took her some last night" I didn't believe them but when they started telling me some of the things I was talking to them about (my divorce, etc) I knew I must have been up because otherwise they wouldn't have known that stuff. I didn't remember a thing. Needless to say I talked to the doctor and stopped those meds. - who knows what else I would do - scary!

I used to sleep talk as a kid, well more like sleep scream. I would have really bad nightmares and scream at the top of my lungs until someone shook me awake.
When I started taking German classes, I started speaking German in my sleep, as well as bits of Spanish and French that I heard from somewhere.

More recently, according to BF, I sat up in bed and started talking about brightly colored fabric for Halloween, then continued on about staples that were animals.
I apparently also sat up a second time that evening, but I had said something less crazy, therefore less memorable.

BF has giggled in his sleep, although he denies it, and he has spoken about what was going on in a bad dream to me.

Back when I was seven, I said "thanks Toilet". I was having a dream that the toilet was chasing me and then it stopped. (I was afraid of a toilet flush at the time, years later I still crack up)!

A few months ago I yelled "The big mouse swung it's ax!" I was dreaming about Deep Freeze, my favorite game.

A few days ago I yelled "The dog got out! RUN!" (Again, I was dreaming)

Last edited:
A few years ago Mr saddi tried to tuck the blanket around me. I shoved it at him, punched him and said "keep your ^&$& blanket!", I was still snoring. I only sleep talk when on meds.

I have no memories of this at all so this is just hearsay from my husband. Apparently he called home one night ( he was working third shift) and I answered the phone obviously still out of my mind. He told me to go back to sleep and he would be home soon. My response apparently was " ok honey just make sure you put on some pants, the humans have laws about these things." He asked what I was talking about and I apparently said " Just put on some pants and tuck your tail in." He came home to me asleep with the phone on the pillow beside me off the hook. In my defense I was reading a bit of sci fi before bed and this is all his account of the conversation.

When I was about 6 I would get up and walk into my grandparents room kick the crap out of the metal trashcan, go in the bathroom and put the plug in the sink and turn on the water and then flush the toilet. After that I would go into the dining room sit at the kitchen table and hold a totally legible conversation with the chair across from me. I would make statements and wait for a response, I would answer questions, you name it. Then I would say goodbye and go to bed. It used to be a half hour ritual ever other night. At the suggestion of a doctor, they started writing down everything I said to see if they could figure out what I was talking about, they never did but my sentences were correct, nothing strange was said, just like I was talking to an invisible person who was speaking back to me.

About 5 weeks after my Grandma died, I got up, walked out of my house and across the street to my mom's house. I knocked on the door and when she answered I told her "Grandma says goodbye, I'll be ok now" and went back across the street and I have no memory of it.

When a friend spent the night and I was about 16 I stood up on the bed and said "You get away from her right now or I'll kick your >>>> right back where it belongs!" She swears she thinks I was talking to something that was threating her.

Back
Top Bottom