Sleeping arrangements--is this normal?

telehillco

Chirping
11 Years
Mar 15, 2009
Front Range, CO
I was checking on our girls outside and noticed these odd sleeping arrangements. Our 2-month olds have their own mini-coop with a perch and have half of the run fenced off for themselves. The year-olds have the main coop (also with a perch) and the other half of the run where they can go in and out to free range. Anyhow, when I went out tonight I found one of our little girls sleeping on the perch and one on the coop floor. Seemed a little worrisome, but then I saw that the big girls were doing the same thing in their coop--one on the perch and one sleeping on the floor!

Is this normal? Has anyone else seen anything like this? Should I intervene to get them up on the perch and snuggled together?

Thanks for any insight and input!

Mine sleep wherever they choose. I have some on the roost, some in a nest box and some on the floor. Oh, and some choose to sleep on top of the sloped roof of the nest box. I do not see how that can be comfortable.
lol.png

lol.png

Mine goobers sleep on the attached run of their coop. Never inside, even if I lock them in for a week with only access to the run, they will go right back to sleeping on top of the run. Oy.

Back
Top Bottom