Slipped tendon treatment for 2 week old silkie

85C01617-824F-47F3-BF02-B8D1CBE0545D.jpeg D7CF1254-6BFB-4A60-9522-E75426165A4D.jpeg Here is the leg (right leg) right now (you can see the raised tendon, instead of the flat wide look it has when slipped). It’s basically the same size as the other, whereas 4 days ago, it was much bigger. And here she is standing.

Thanks ladies will look for some of that today when going to town, if don't find any locally I can then look online for it lol

Does everybody think I should let her keep walking around now, or should I alternate walking with some splinting/chair time still? I’m nervous about the tendon slipping out again.

1E5050BA-DA76-426A-A79C-CA37BAC5649F.jpeg Too soon for a proper update, but she just did a totally normal looking leg stretch behind her with the affected leg, and I almost had a heart attack, thinking everything was going to fall apart. Here she is standing tall with some attitude right after, though (attitude enough she might be a he ).

(And I’m not leaving her/him alone with that water bowl, just to be safe, so don’t worry.)

View attachment 1886720 Too soon for a proper update, but she just did a totally normal looking leg stretch behind her with the affected leg, and I almost had a heart attack, thinking everything was going to fall apart. Here she is standing tall with some attitude right after, though (attitude enough she might be a he ).

(And I’m not leaving her/him alone with that water bowl, just to be safe, so don’t worry.)
what a cutie seeing it in all it's glory after all that, looks like it's gonna have some sass and attitude cause it overcame with your help

F9F27ED0-26BF-4490-8314-5AFD37424818.jpeg Update: walking totally normally now.

I never put the splint back on, I just let her have a quiet box with one roommate to emulate. Here she is now with that camera-shy roommate.

I think the key was getting the inflammation down so the tendon could find its groove and be successfully splinted.

Back
Top Bottom