Slipped tendon

Davehaddad

Hatching
May 5, 2023
Hey everyone, I have a chicken with a with a slip tendon , I thought he just sprained His leg So I Splinted it. He cannot walk on his leg at all And does not want me to touch it. Is there a way I can sedate him and straighten that tendon out, to splint it properly? I tried With him awake and it's not gonna happen.
He is 2 months old.

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230505_111923_Gallery~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20230505_111923_Gallery~2.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 49
Hey everyone, I have a chicken with a with a slip tendon , I thought he just sprained His leg So I Splinted it. He cannot walk on his leg at all And does not want me to touch it. Is there a way I can sedate him and straighten that tendon out, to splint it properly? I tried With him awake and it's not gonna happen.
He is 2 months old.

Thank you
Is a vet an option ?

Can you look up chicken chair or chicken swing? There are lots of videos of how to make a little support for your chick so he keeps the weight off it.

Sorry, I just saw it was a male, not a female. Not sure how big he is already at 8 weeks, or how long it's been like this. It does get harder to repair the older they are.

Can you look up chicken chair or chicken swing? There are lots of videos of how to make a little support for your chick so he keeps the weight off it.

Sorry, I just saw it was a male, not a female. Not sure how big he is already at 8 weeks, or how long it's been like this. It does get harder to repair the older they are.

He has been like this for a week now, I did make him a swing that can even be a wheelchair, he is not very fond of it.
He can bend his leg up but not straighten it. I know it's very sore and I have to get that tendon back over.

Attachments

• 20230505_113103.jpg
    20230505_113103.jpg
    852.8 KB · Views: 32
I have a chicken with a slipped tendon. I think it's been this was for about 3 days. I had moved them all into the coop from the brooder and though he just sprained it but upon further inspection I see I need to put the tendon back but can't stretch his leg out. Is the tendon where my thumb is in the pic? I have been messaging it and trying but not sure I'm doing it right. A vet is not an option. Just would like to pop it back in and splint it. Thanks for any advice you can give. Sorry the pic isn't very good.

Attachments

• 20230514_085940.jpg
    20230514_085940.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 29
Hey, I tried to fix my chicken, he would not let me, I tried to sedate him but it still would not go back in place, I had to cull him. Hope you have success, you need to straighten that leg out and slip it back but if it has been to long its not going to go with a simple pull.

Hey, I tried to fix my chicken, he would not let me, I tried to sedate him but it still would not go back in place, I had to cull him. Hope you have success, you need to straighten that leg out and slip it back but if it has been to long its not going to go with a simple pull.
I think it's been too long. I tried numerous times. Sorry you had cull yours. I'm going to just let it go, see what happens. It Seems to be able to eat and drink and get around fairly well.

Back
Top Bottom