Slow Feathering Chick....Should I Be Concerned?

featheredroots

Songster
8 Years
May 4, 2011
Madisonville, KY
I have 6, five day old chicks, all have long beautiful wing feathers, except for one golden comet. She's eating, drinking, and playing, and her feathers are showing, but are much shorter than the others. Normally I wouldn't be concerned, but I had an EE last year with similar feather issues, that ended up dying(the only one of the bunch). Am I over reacting, or is this something I should be concerned about?

One of my golden comet pullets was very slow to feather. I think she was about 6 weeks old before she finally caught up to the others. She is now my best layer and my friendliest bird.

Thank you so much. I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear this, especially after checking on them this morning, and not seeing any change in her. I did realize, after comparing pics of last years chick to her, that the other one was much smaller than the rest, and it's color was not as bright. Little Mystic, on the other hand, is one of the biggets and brightest, and full of nonsense! I'm so happy to know that she's just a late bloomer.
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom