Sly fox wasn't so sly last night.

noooooo my goodness the coyotes are running the bloody country theres so many they don't even have a hunting season in canada you just shoot them but i don't know about foxes but here you can shoot them 

Yup! Coyotes are extremely over populated in many places (here). Not even close to endangered. Foxes aren't as rampant but they are certainly not endangered here. You can legally shoot both year round here, and trap them in winter.

Oh I know there are plenty of foxes, skunks, possums, coyote, bobcats and mountain lions out there I have to worry about. I leave the mountain lions alone because they can eat me...lol plus they keep the deer population tolerable and are illegal to shoot/trap. I'm trying to live with these wild animals since I'm encroaching into their backyard. I always give them a shot (pun intended) to learn to stay away from my chickens if not Darwin has a go at them.

This is my backyard:

Wow that's really beautiful!

To all advocating releasing animals far from where you catch them- it is a somewhat tricky thing to do right, and is usually a death sentence for the animal. I kill any animal I catch, as my belief is that dispatching them swiftly is the most humane thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom