Small Chicken Coop (how inexpensive can you go)

Added a PVC auto feeder to the little hen house. I mounted the feeder to the door, that way it is easy to fill up, while standing out side the coop.

94470_100_1398.jpg

94470_100_1399.jpg

Here's a picture taken through the pop door, as the chickens see it.
94470_100_1400.jpg

Quote:
That is fantastic! I need to put one or 2 of those together. Trying to figure out how to do something similar for water too. I'm sooooo tired of poopy water! No matter if i hang it or not, there is always poop in the water.

bow.gif
Wow thats awesome And he says hes not a carpenter great job. I built mine out of pallet wood aswel.l Im into mine about $300 thats coop run and all supplies feeders and waters. Great job. I like the feeder I did some thing similar wanted to do what you did but wasnt working for 14 chickens so I changed the angle of it and it dumps in to my 2 gallon galvanized feeder.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Yay now I know how and where to hang my winter feeder, many thanks
wink.png

Your coop is awesomeness ... we spent alot of money on wood converting our shed.
Your property looks interesting too - wow at that stump jumper van!
cool.png

Last edited:
Quote:
94470_100_1426.jpg

94470_100_1427.jpg

We have a one RedStar Roo, one RedStar pullet, one GLW pullet and two BO pullets. The RedStars and the GLW were Easter gift chicks from TSC. We got them for free from a friends buddy that had bought them for his daughters for Easter presents. I don't know if he thought that the cute little yellow chicks wouldn't turn into full size chickens or what, but at 7-weeks old thay were getting to big to keep in their house. So my friend knew we were going to get chickens, and offered them up for his friend, for the taking. Because one of the three turned out to be a Roo, we bought the two BO's ($6.00) a few weeks later, so we would have four egg layers like we wanted. They are all about the same age, and took only about a day for the pecking order to even out.

94470_100_1448.jpg

The GLW

94470_100_1440.jpg

94470_100_1455.jpg

Heading in for the night.

Back
Top Bottom