sneezing, runny nose, and raspy breathing.

kerrynnchicken

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 5, 2013
Maryville, Tn
I am new to the chicken keeping and I traded my rooster for two hens, which are now sick and made two of my other hens sick. They have sneezing, raspy breathing and one of the new hens has a nunny nose. I now know I should have quanantined them but it's too late now. I bought tylan 50 and gave the sick ones 1/2 cc today and put some other meds in their drinking water that the co-op sugguested. Is there anything else I need to do or will this work? Really upset that my girls are sick. :(

Okay. If you have the ones being treated with Tylan separate from the ones being given tetracycline in the water that's fine. I wouldn't recommend those two antibiotics being given to birds at the same time.
Are you giving the 1/2 cc of Tylan 50 under the skin on the back of the neck? For birds over 5 lbs it is recommended to give an additional 1/2 cc shot in the breast muscle. It is a five day treatment done once a day.

ok thank you! I just saw I put 7 year old, no my chickens are under 7 months old. I have no way to separate so I'll take the stuff out of the water for now. I injected teh 1/2 cc in the breast,

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom