So all I had to do was buy a house.lol.coop is done update on page 8

Thanks Wannab!

I may actually leave early from work to day and get to "play" a little with the coop before we go out!

pop.gif
Well
pop.gif

OK so today we (DS and myself) got some work done! We took it outside next to where it will go permanetly (lesson one. Not only level the space for the coop, also level where you will be working on it!!) I dug a trech next to the wall and burried blocks level to the ground since I wont be able to have a wire apron on that side...so the predator would have to dig 8" down to get in (thx for the tip Tyra).

Floor of the coop area on. 2 coats of primer on everything on the bottom!! (Son pretenting to work! lol)

DSCF4512.jpg

Coop frame on, simple since the only thing I will have really is a window on the lft wall. That, I will frame tomorrow.

DSCF4513.jpg

Some of the Run frame on...we ran out of light and had to call it a day!

DSCF4515.jpg

Tomorrow we will put the wire and the coop wall that will go agaist the fence. The we will move the coop to it's area and continue working on it.....more to come!

Quote:
Ditto!

I know the excitement, even though I am renting a house where I have my chickens, I just bought my own house with nearly two-thirds of an acre. We'll be moving there - lock stock and barrel - within a month. Meanwhile, I'm fixing up things... arranging for other stuff.... antsy at all heck wanting to be there full time NOW.

I understand the level issue. I started the coop in the yard, only to have to drag it onto the patio to get it level. Then I had to put blocks under and back fill the spot because it wasn't level. UGH!!!

Quote:
Ditto!

I know the excitement, even though I am renting a house where I have my chickens, I just bought my own house with nearly two-thirds of an acre. We'll be moving there - lock stock and barrel - within a month. Meanwhile, I'm fixing up things... arranging for other stuff.... antsy at all heck wanting to be there full time NOW.

How exciting!!!! Congrats!! I guess you'll have to get started on a new coop now!!! hahaha
woot.gif

We had so much to do inside the house to make it ok to live on.....and still sooo much to do....but I had to get the coop in since I want to get chicks next Sat on a sawp!!
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks, I needed it to be a good space inside, practical but at the same time I didnt want to take too much room on the yard. Also DF needs it to look good....so we'll see how can I do that lol

Quote:
I would like to think my son learned many new words today b/c I sure was letting them fly!!! (but I know he could prob teach me a few he has learned in school
hide.gif
) I didn't realize it until I started to frame the walls....so off came the frame...had to put blocks, wood and stuff to try and level it!!!!
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom