So Cool!!! (HE's OUT....HELP!!! Something is wrong???)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MamaMarcy, Nov 28, 2011.

1. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    Day 24. My naked neck PIP'd yesterday. I went to bed, ignoring it, as a way to "sit on my hands." I woke up at 5am to the bator temp spiked to 104 and little chickie's beak poking thru the egg. I was sure he was dead so picked the egg up. He cheeped, but his membrne looked thick and dry so I assumed the worst and ran for the tweezers to help him. I chipped away some shell, saw a tiny blood so dampened him and put him back. The hole I made is big enough to see him...he's completely rotated to zip! Watching this tiny bird actually rotate before my eyes was too cool. [​IMG] And of course I'm hands-off again and ashamed I ssumed he needed help. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  2. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    Oh how exciting!! Let us know how he does!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. MamaMarcy

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    I'm so excited to see if he's got a naked neck!!!

Now he's flipped and it looks like a big clear thing bulging out (ewwww).....hands off...

4. MamaMarcy

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    He's relly getting moving now! 1/2+ zipped. I can see he's dark with some white!!!

As I just typed he emerged. Oh dear. [​IMG] He looks like uhm... soemthing is wrong? [​IMG]
    He's got naked neck. Half a naked head. His wings have feathers, his spine has feathers, his sides have feathered stripes... The rest of him is bald and from looking down at him he looks...uh....phallic. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by