Please Help-Worried About Chick ? Stuck

NorthernMIFlock

Songster
5 Years
Jun 25, 2018
Northern MI
Sorry I’ve been posting like crazy on here the last couple days. Today is day 21 of my barnyard mix chicken incubation (first timer) and I had 4 or 5 pips last night and 5 hatch this morning, the last at about 9:30 am. I woke up at 5am and this one had a small pip/crack and was getting kicked around pretty bad in this tiny incubator. We removed it the 5 to give to my broody hen and had the lid off for about a minute or less. The humidity was in the low 80’s when I removed the chicks. I quickly added a bit of water and shut the lid. This little guy had his beak barely out all day, so I quickly removed some shell and membrane tonight but saw some small veins so stopped. He is making chewing motions and occasionally chirping but has not budged. The photo is hard to see but it looks to be membrane with the tiny veins. I feel like he’s maybe stuck?? Is there anything at all I can do for him? It’s torture watching him like this. The other 5 all popped out rather fast once zipping started.

Attachments

• IMG_8809.jpeg
    IMG_8809.jpeg
    292.8 KB · Views: 132
I just peeled the shell and papery membrane away from the chick. It still has some gooey looking stuff around its tummy so I didn’t mess with that. He’s in the incubator. It was like a tight sheath covering him, he never would have been able to move. He’s resting now, I don’t have much hope

Back
Top Bottom