So has anyone received the stimulus money yet?

Quote:
I've been doing research about it online and have come across that reference several times. My sons SS# ends in 08 and he has not received his money yet. On the IRS.GOV site is a "wheres my stimulus money" link and you input your info there, it said his will be mailed on May 9th. So I think it's correct information. Stinks doesn't it? Nowhere in the media coverage did it give that little gem of information.

I finally thought to check the irs.gov website. I didn't realize that it would tell you the exact amount. So... I found out that I should get the money deposited this Friday and that we don't get anything for the 17 year old daughter...
hmm.png
Oh well...

Yep, it's confirmed, anyone who used Turbo Tax and had their fees deducted will not get a direct deposit check. They will get a paper check mailed to them. It's becasue the bank that handles the fee payment sets up a temporary account to have the return deposited to, then takes the fee, and forwards the balance to the taxpayers bank account. The IRS does not recieve your bank account info, only the temp account info.

barnie.gif

I am going to have to reschedule my vacation to New Orleans, was going to use my rebate to stimulate the economy down there!!
rant.gif

Found this online...... which sucks because we DIDN'T pay our fees upfront. Wish someone would have told us to!
sad.png

Here's why many of us aren't getting our check direct deposited when we thought - IF you did a refund anticipation loan (RAL) or you let someone take the fee out of your refund rather than paying for it up front it will be on the paper check schedule.

Just go to irs. gov/ newsroom and click on 1. Economic Stimulus Payment Information center 2. FAQ 3. Other Questions 4. When and how It's the 3rd to last question.

It says:

Q. I chose direct deposit for my 2007 tax refund but also requested a refund anticipation loan (RAL) from my preparer. How does that affect my stimulus payment?

A. Taxpayers who use RALs or enter into any other loan or financial agreement with their tax professional (like preparation fees being taken out of the refund) cannot receive their stimulus payments by direct deposit and instead will get a paper check.

The only good news is that paper checks are going out a week earlier in most cases than the IRS schedule

We got ours this morning. I promptly paid a few bills then set about to ordering 50 chicks
big_smile.png
35 cornish x rocks, 5 red sex links, 5 barred rocks and 5 buff orpingtons. They are set to ship out from Welp on June 2, which should give us plenty of time to get the coops built.... which is what we are using the REST of the money for
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom