So has anyone received the stimulus money yet?

When I plug in my info on the calculator it shows that I will get $145 less than the what I would get if I went by $1200 for married $300 per kid.
We are under the limit, I wonder why?

We got ours today, too. I'm paying off my chicken run debt.
smile.png

Well, I was going to buy euros with mine, but my wife just got back from the mall and she said "There WAS $1,200 in your account." I guess I am out of luck.

Rufus

Haven't had a chance to read all these posts but have a question about someting I got today in an email.

"if you filed your check electronically using TurboTax, H&R Block, Amscot, or any other 3rd party, and received your refund through one of them direct deposit you will have to wait for a paper check. This is because technically you did not get a direct deposit from the IRS, you received your direct deposit as a loan from a 3rd party"

Anybody heard anything about this?!!!!!

H & r Block has a something on their site that talks about it. If u got the rapid refund u do not qualify for the DD, but if u didn't use the rapid refund and just waited for the IRS to DD u should still get it in your account. I got a check, so I am waiting til the end of June.

I got mine today!!! WOOHOO!!! A wife and three kids!!! I see new toys for DAD in the future. Since I am the only paid worker in the house, free money is mine!!(Wife thinks other wise though!!)LOL I see new post's and fence for a bigger run and maybe a down payment on a new lawn mower!!!

I have looked in to this a little. I do taxes every year to fatten up my stash for the year. It is not necesisarily a loan it is an advance on a credit you will receive on your 2008 taxes similiar to the child tax credit. So if you have a child during this year you will be getting a another 300 on your 2008 tax return. I had to research this for a friend that someone else claimed her kids in 2007 so in 2008 their taxes will be reduced by he amount of and she will get the additional 600 dollars. So you are just getting a little of your money early, however this will not reduce the amount of your refund unless you have fewer dependents in 2008. I am not so great at explaining things but I hope you all understand this.

Kasi

Back
Top Bottom