So I decided to build an underground coop: UPDATE pg 33

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo~~~~~

Sweeet!

love.gif

Quote:
I sure hope not. We have sandy soil with good drainage, and there are two layers of 50-mil black plastic under the surface of the soil sloping away for 3-4 feet from the walls. In essence, a big underground umbrella keeping rain well away from the walls. If this works well enough, I'm going to build an earth-sheltered cabin into the side of a hill on some other property we own.

I've been watching the progress on this one too, very impressive. If geography weren't an issue I would offer to stop by and give you a hand just for an opportunity to see your design up close.

Hobbiton style -- where it's at!

Very cool. Here in my little slice of Oklahoma its hard to have a storm shelter because of the water table. Most around here over 20 years old are used to keep perch and minnows in for bait they fill up so quick. I need a hill.

I do a lot of arrowhead hunting and was a NA studies major...MacGyver had nothing on our earliest Americans. Just think if they had a rubber band and some paper clips?

At least if we are hit by an asteroid or nuclear winter your chickens will survive.

Great project

Back
Top Bottom