So I decided to build an underground coop: UPDATE pg 33

Update:

What's now become locally known as "The Chicken Hole" is progressing slowly. This may become a race with freezing weather. Inside dimensions are about 10' x 11'.

IMG_1695.jpg

I don't know how I missed this thread because this was the idea I was thinking of when I first thought of putting a coop in our backyard.

We were once planning on doing a greenhouse somewhat like this... although not as deep as yours, not truly "underground".

We were just thinking of having the floor sit below the frost line in order to take advantage of the cooling and warming features of below-ground building.

My husband dug a deep trench once and called it his "Bonnie Hole." Man we had that "Bonnie Hole" forever. But don't fret you will finish even if it's not till next spring (if the weather holds you up.) Oh and tell your DW that she's not alone. There are more of us DWs that have had to live with holes (the dug kind) for sometime. Oh and it's lookin' good by the way! Can't wait to see the finished product
pop.gif

Good Luck and I hope the weather (and inspiration) holds out!

Quote:
She saw the lumber bill, and now she's demanding a new computer, a new car, a fence for the yard, and a pound of flesh.

:eek:

Back
Top Bottom