So I decided to build an underground coop: UPDATE pg 33

um... very, very, cute dog... but where are some walls, some windows, how about a few roosts... I can't wait to see this coop go up!!!
pop.gif

So what you are saying is that instead of working on the coop, you took the dog for a hike...
big_smile.png

I don't know about the chicken hole as a coop, but it sure looks like an AWESOME root cellar. In case the chickens don't go for it, think about how many veggies you would be able to store down there!

If I can ever stop building chicken coops, chicken tractors, and chicken enclosures, I'm going to build me a root cellar later this year. First I need to build another chicken enclosure today!

Okay, I made some progress after you all shamed me into getting back to work. I need to put one more course of 4x8's up on the sides and then I'll be ready to start on the roof. Interior dimensions will be about 11' x 11' x 8 1/2 high.

If I had thought the design through more carefully before I started, I could have made this just as strong with about half the wood. Oh well.

I'm off to Mexico tonight on a business trip. Work will resume on Monday, amigos.

YIYIYIYIYIYIYIYI!

So close... and you didn't even say howdy.

I camped at the bottom of the Grand Canyon when I was a kid... right next to Bright Angel Creek not far from Phantom Ranch. Hiked in on the north, hiked out on the south.

omg i cant wait to see it finished! i wish we could do that in florida but if you dig down about oh 5 inches you hit water! not moisture itsWATER
sad.png
ohh well it looks great so far
smile.png

this is great! it reminds me of 'on the banks of plum creek' which i read as a child. always wanted to live in a dugout house.

Back
Top Bottom