So I decided to build an underground coop: UPDATE pg 33

Okay, okay, my latest excuse is that we just spent ten days camping in the Grand Canyon. I'll work on it today and post a pic of progress tonight.

Sheesh, was I married to you guys once?!
lol.png

IMG_2428.jpg

Hello
Not sure if this will help but I live in an earth home. Didn't build it
sad.png
But love living in it LOL . Three sides are dirt and have to moe the roof. The front is facing South . If I dont heat during the winter the coldest it will get is 55. I have a lot of stone under ground leading water a way from the house. Like your pics Hope to see it when your done. Good luck
smile.png

Scotty

Quote:
Definitely true! We went on a tour of some Native American earth berm houses in Oklahoma...in the summer. It seemed at least ten or twenty degrees cooler inside this kind of dwelling than outside. And these dwellings were only recessed perhaps two feet under ground level. It makes an huge difference.

THANK GOODNESS I didnt find this thread 8 months ago!!!
Looks like an awesom idea!

And you were camping IN the grand canyon?! Awesome! I thought predators were really bad there? My brother just moved out west about two months ago, and i'm the only one in my family who hasnt seen it soooo I'll live thru ur pictures :)

I promised you an update with a pic yesterday, but all I did was trim brush and move a little dirt. Nothing photo-worthy. But as I logged into BYC this morning...

IMG_2500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom