SO I need dog food.....which means TSC

txchickie

Songster
11 Years
Nov 15, 2008
Texas
which is the only place near that sells the brand we get. And I may or may not have called TSC this morning to see if they had any chicks left, just out of curiosity.......and she said "just a few, there's not a big selection left". Whew, good right?

THEN she says "But we're getting in a shipment first thing in the morning, if you can wait until tomorrow."
hmm.png

And I'm pretty sure we have enough dog food to last until tomorrow. And I'm also pretty sure it would NOT be good to come home with more chicks. But hubby is gone working until the end of next week, so I could probably stick my newbies in with my 2 week olds.........maybe he wouldn't notice 4 or 5.

Decisions, decisions....
cool.png
I need a rehab program LOL!

Last edited:
Quote:
funny how that worked out huh ?
lol.png

sorry, not aware of any twelve step programs. have you ever tried the" but they followed me home" line.
big_smile.png

The TSC near here were supposed to have some in yesterday and they never got them so I called this morning and they still aren't in. Not that I need anymore as I have a bator full of eggs that should start hatching out the first batch some time this weekend.
I think I have a sickness that I don't want a cure for.
celebrate.gif
bow.gif
barnie.gif
love.gif
clap.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

The following things are true.

They don't eat much.

If you get out the Hubby Do LIST and keep him busy they'll grow fast enough he might miss their presence until they're roughly the same size.

There ARE runt and slow growing chickens - which can explain size differentials. Just don't get specific, state the fact, not that it actually applies.

Chicks are really hard to count, the more the harder so six or eight is so much smarter than four or five.

Spares you end up not wanting sell easily, or can be grown and eaten. And often cover the initial outlay. Use this only if you actually get caught.

Quote:
Oh no!!! Maybe I should go today AND tomorrow, just to make sure I have a chance and don't miss out on the ones that are already there LOL I think I have already made my decision!!!!

I should get dog food today, and then have to again tomorrow to get more chick starter
wink.png

You inspired me. I don't need dog food or anything else...and yet I called the feed store to see if they got any new chicks in...and they have 16 new breeds.

I'm outta here for a bit!!!

Quote:
Oh no!!! Maybe I should go today AND tomorrow, just to make sure I have a chance and don't miss out on the ones that are already there LOL I think I have already made my decision!!!!

I should get dog food today, and then have to again tomorrow to get more chick starter
wink.png

You're learning quickly grasshopper.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Welcome to BYC Rehab! Here you will learn to embrace your addiction, you will learn clever ways to tell DH that you could not help yourself, it is beyond your control and he just has to accept your sickness! He should be super supportive in this delicate time in your treatment. If you can get through this first step, the second and third and fourth trip to TSC will be made so much easier.

pardon me while i giggle a little
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
hugs.gif
lau.gif
hugs.gif

OK, now back to rehab. Get not just 3 or 4 but 5-10 little fuzzy butts. they are the key to your rehab. they will look up at you with their little shiny black button eyes and know you are the bomb! They will be totally dependent on your care for their well being. Tell DH that! They would have Died at the TSC, they HAD to come home with you.
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom