So, my run stinks. literally.

Pics

The WinterWolf

Crowing
Apr 12, 2021
Northern CA
My chicken run smells bad, and some of my birds are escaping. i clipped all of their wings, and they still escape. i am trying so hard to find hay or straw to put on the floor, but no luck. i feed them regular layer/seed and some kitchen scraps, and they find a bunch of other grasses and bugs. i have a plan to make them happier penned up, but it's not very budget friendly. I would like some ideas that cost less than 50$.

Now another way bigger problem.. My coop is designed for 5-7 hens, tops. i have 13 hens. i still have some time because 11 are small. Help. i need a budget-friendly solution

My chicken run smells bad, and some of my birds are escaping. i clipped all of their wings, and they still escape. i am trying so hard to find hay or straw to put on the floor, but no luck. i feed them regular layer/seed and some kitchen scraps, and they find a bunch of other grasses and bugs. i have a plan to make them happier penned up, but it's not very budget friendly. I would like some ideas that cost less than 50$.

Now another way bigger problem.. My coop is designed for 5-7 hens, tops. i have 13 hens. i still have some time because 11 are small. Help. i need a budget-friendly solution
I'll tag some users who may have solutions for you. @sourland @azygous @Eggcessive

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Sell the hens. You can probably get a decent price. Or, find a cost efficient solution. Here is my coop, but is made for up to 6 bantam chickens so...
20210321_105632.jpg

Back
Top Bottom