So no BR/d'Anvers crosses for me..

Queen of the Lilliputians

Songster
12 Years
Apr 5, 2007
Maine
So.. my little roo (d'Anvers) made an attempt to, um.. fertilize the eggs of my Barred Rock hen.

Poor little guy. All I can say is if the cloaca was located smack dab in the the middle of her left wing, it would've been a homer. As it was.. it was a disappointing fowl (LOL! Or should I have said, "a disappointED fowl??).

I think he wasn't too impressed, either, since he wandered around for the next 15 minutes trying to figure out who would work out better for him!

So.. that answers my question of whether or not I'd get some d'Anvers crosses from my flock!! LOL! Well, at least I have a d'Anvers pullet in there, as well as a silkie cross, so there will be a couple of ladies more his size.

I wonder if Lucky, the bantam cochin, will work out better with my BIG GIRLS when he gets old enough?

Meghan

I wonder what the BR was thinking. "What the heck is this guy doing?"
smile.png

Better luck w/ the cochin!

My bantam cochin roo tries this with my wyandotte and EE hens but I don't think he quite "connects". I've never tried to incubate the eggs to find out though.

Took one of my past silkie roos about 4 months to figure out how to work with the standard ladies. He had even grabbed their tails on mistake a few times near the beginning. Eventually he got it down. Grab the middle of the back, stand on the tail, and everything else is good to go.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom