So....talk about.....CANCER SUPPORT THREAD !!

hugs.gif

See, everything happens for a GOOD reason!! That is fantastic news that you found a lady to see, you are going to get in sooner and she is close to home.. Win.. Win.. Win... Hallelujah!!! See, prayers work
wink.png

Glad for this good turn of events!
hugs.gif

You're both on your way to brighter days ahead (and maybe NJ's weather will even straighten out so you can enjoy it!)
JJ

Hi JJ! Today isn't so nice is it? But it's still March, and we had a pretty nice one so far. I'm seeing lots of budding in the trees and my minnie daffs are popping open. Right now those signs of Spring really makes me feel better about things. I'm hoping for that sunshine tomorrow. How are things your way? How are your chicken children?

Hi
hugs.gif

Today is indeed yukky - cold and windy, after that gift of sunny and 70+ for a few days(welcome for the usual reasons, but I also had a power outage for 4 days and major flooding in that recent storm- everything festering in water, so the warmth and sun was MOST welcome! though most things I couldn't drag outside into the sun to dry anyway - too heavy - so they're still wet and gross. I am forced to sue re: the folks flooding me out (they broke a lot of rules with their uphill development and have refused to remedy) so that's a really major and really expensive undertaking. Hoping for (and needing) a better job soon to help keep me above water, so to speak, though it will take me away from my feather and fur babies much more than I would like and I have a lot of angst about that
sad.png

Thanks for asking about my feather-kids. Knock wood - BJ roo and hen Ellie seem quite well (except for her deformed foot from a dog attack last year), though I'm sure they will stage an impressive protest over this spell of more bad weather (it is supposed to moderate mid week next week, thankfully, but that's a long time away in chickendom!). One of my kitties is not faring as well - looks like it may be very serious. Very sad - he is a sweet heart and I love him. Never a dull moment, right? Dull would be just fine.

They say it will be in the 20's tonight - I thought we were done with that! - ah well, as you well know, life is what happens to you while you're making other plans. But hopefully that sunshine and warmth will be here before you know it
hugs.gif
. Meanwhile you two can rest up and hubby's pnuemonia meds can do their thing (I had a bad flu go into a very bad pneumonia once and yeesh - that was war!). Tomorrow, as you note, will at least be quite sunny - we'll take it!

Judy

Last edited:
The reality of it all hit me like a giant rock today. I don't think I dealt with it real well either.

I need to have 6 rounds of chemo every 21 days, starting some time mid April. I'll be a chemo patient all through the Spring and Summer.
hmm.png
I will lose my hair
hit.gif
I thought I'd be a big girl about it, but nope I cried. The "sessions" are 5 hours long.
sad.png
I will tell you, there was a moment or two where I was ready to BOLT out that door.

I'm waiting for the sad part to go away, so I can get real mad and start sharpening my sword.

hugs.gif
My cousin is 18 and going through the same thing, the chemo that is. Not all the days are bad and we love you for you insides, not your hair.

We don't have a "hold you up smiley", so just pretend this one isn't bowing but giving you a boost instead.
bow.gif
Reality stinks and maybe it is time to do a little crying, the fight will come back soon and you will face this head on. A dear friend of mine battled cancer one summer. We were out getting the early apples off a tree in the yard and I noticed she didn't have her hat on. I mentioned that she might want to find her hat. (thinking she might get sunburn) With her quick wit she answered, "if people don't want to look at my bald head...they don't have to." Silly me, I wasn't only worried about sunburn, but she had a huge grin on her face as she teased me. She said not having hair was a good thing, as she never could do anything with it anyway, and when it grew back it was wavy and she didn't have to have perms anymore. She has the most beautiful flower beds and the doctors warned her about playing in the dirt...so what's she do? She buys plastic gloves and buys up all of the old lady dress gloves that she can find and wore the dress gloves over the surgical gloves.

Back
Top Bottom