Solar Nite Eyes Pedator Protection

I saw this item on on www.flemingoutdoors.com and I was wondering if anyone else had tried or heard about anyone who has this and if it worked / not worked. Please help me out so I can decide if I should make this purchase!!!
hu.gif

i have heard both yes and no on them. If you are able to move them around so they change over days i have heard they are ok. If they stay put in the same position the predators get used to them and are not scared of them. I have not purchased them yet, but was considering it as well.

I had bought 3 Night Guards from Amazon, which is a single flashing red LED light. Did NOT work for me. I placed it at eye level to a raccoon, which is recommended, and changed spots every few days. We had them up about 3 weeks and during that time had several visits from raccoons. One coon even climbed the wooden doorway the Night Guard was attached to. He was within two feet of it.
Thankfully Amazon is very good about returns.
My vote is a definite NO.

I have 6 Night Guards around two of my chicken pens. I've tried moving them to different areas, leaving them where they are for long periods of time, and moving them higher /lower and to date they haven't stopped a raccoon or opossum. However my large trap does wonders for catching the coons and a .22 is good for eliminating both the coons and possums.

I even put the Night Guards up on posts in the gardens as per instructions to keep the deer out. HA!!! Deer tracks right next to them, and all thru the gardens. The deer think it's a salad bar planted just for them.

I have a TON of raccoons, opossums and skunks in my area....I trapped raccoons the whole summer. I bought the Interplex Solar Nite Eyes (4 of them) and I haven't seen any evidence that ANYTHING has tried to get in. I'd buy these again in a heartbeat. You can check out my blog if you're interested in my complete review. Good luck!

http://amysharvest.blogspot.com/

Back
Top Bottom