Solar powered coop doors?!?!

From what I've seen, they are "predator resistant". Nothing is 100% predator proof.

It seems that they use a door that slides down into a groove at the bottom of the sill that keeps the predators from getting their claws underneath the door.

I'm sure it works pretty well. But a motion sensor light or some sharp objects glued to the outside of the door might help discourage whatever would try to get in.

Good luck!
Matt

Ok, thank you, that helps. The door will open into the run, which is going to be as predator proof as we can make it, so I guess we'll just have to see how it goes.

Mine opens to the run also. So whatever tries to get in the door has to get in the run first. My run is chicken wire and rebar and it closes up tight. But, something can always get in.

I didn't need an automatic closer, I just needed an automatic opener, so I made a lock for my coop door that the chickens could open in the morning.

I used a regular gate latch with the nub that sticks out the top. My coop door flops open so I added some weight to the outside and ran some fishing line from the nub on the top of the latch, through a hole in the coop to a paint stir-stick on the floor of the coop. When the chickens hop off of their perch in the morning, they step on the stir-stick and the door flops open. Works great.

Back
Top Bottom