Some idiot dumped trash on my pasture yesterday!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenannie, Dec 29, 2008.

1. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    This is the second time in a month. Someone must have driven down the road at night (a country road lined with wire pasture fencing), stopped their truck, and dumped their trash out on both sides of the road. They dumped carpet, old electronics, sheetrock, sinks/toilets/broken plumbing, cardboard boxes, household junk, you name it. The first time I thought it was an accident. Now, I realize it's intentional. This is a perfectly lovely, clean country road, with beautiful pastures and fencing around the edges. They even dumped the carpets on top of the wire fencing, flattening it to the ground and shorting out 10 acres of electric fence for the neighbor's cows.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE????

Now I have to go out and clean up their nasty junk???

I called the police, who haven't called me back yet, so I can file a report. But I don't know how to catch these guys. It makes me so mad. [​IMG]

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Keep your eyes peeled for anything that will identify the owner, perhaps even electronic items with serial numbers.

3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    People just dont have any respect for others property anymore. Thatd really tick me off. I feel for you.

4. chickenannie

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I looked for envelopes, letters, anything to identify a person, but nothing. Hadn't thought of electronic serial number... can you identify someone from their old stereo system?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  5. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    I just hate people like that. Sounds like a company that does cleanup at a site then illegally dumps so they can clear a bigger profit!!! [​IMG] this just makes me want to ..... [​IMG]

6. onebuggirl

onebuggirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2008
    Set up some motion sensered cameras the ones like they use in hunting....look for anything that could id them...you have to stop that!! THat is terrible! I can't believe the stupidity of people.

7. chickenannie

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    A kid I know suggested a wireless camera that feeds to my computer. I *could* try that, but seriously, I have very little idea how to do it -- I'm just not up on that kind of thing. I certainly don't want to watch hours of video and then have them decide to do it again a hundred feet away out of camera range...

8. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    GRRRRR!!!!

9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Maybe they'll dump coop-building supplies.

Take that pipe and anything else metal to your local junkyard or recycling center. It's worth a lot of money. I'm actually surprised they dumped it off.

10. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Quote:That was exactly my first thought as I read this post.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by