Some kids don't need a job

Tala

Flock Mistress
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
Benton (Saline County) AR
The next person who calls where we work to ask what time that they are supposed to work later that day - I'm just gonna tell 'em that they aren't scheduled for the day, and let em get wrote up/fired for not showing up!

If you think you're mature enough to hold down a job, then you should be able to get your own very schedule!
smack.gif

/end mini rant

Thats not nice to get them fired. If you dont want to tell them then be a big enough person and tell them what you just told us.

I've worked to many hourly jobs where they changed the schedule on my day off after I'd written it down, so I got in the habit of calling to confirm hours. Nothing like cutting a fun time at the beach short and driving an hour and a half to work only to learn that your shift that day had been canceled, or settling in to a game with friends only to get a call asking why aren't you at work when the photocopy I'd made of the schedule earlier clearly showed that I had the day off but the manager had switching things around after I had left for the day.

is it rly that hard to just look at a schedual and tell a person if they work or not i mean what if he rly needs that job and you get him fired have you never seen a schedule change or made a mistake?

that always made me mad too when i worked at a restaurant.

i understood if you were gone on vacation and didn't get back till that 1st day of the work week and just calling for that day. but WRITE IT DOWN when you get in!!!

with all the convenience of cell phones having calendars and organizer stuff they should do it on that so they have no excuse. they never seem to forget to take their phones!

That's just it. Our schedule stays about the same from week to week. The managers just copy it over again.
hu.gif

If you want it changed YOU have to swap days with someone, or talk to the manager, or else make sure it gets changed at the first of the week when they're writing it up!

Quote:
You'd just have to be there I guess.

These are the same people who seem incapable of helping me do what they think is Tala-only-can-do-it MY job, but they expect me to drop what I'm doing and cater to them.
duc.gif

I guess I'm just feeling a little used, and not by my bosses.
We'll call it the straw that broke the camel's back.

We all have bad days at work, just seems like I've had a few extra of them lately.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom