some pics of my "family" (pic heavy - of course!)

fallenweeble

Songster
12 Years
Dec 4, 2007
this is calvin (black), our forever dog and his friend buster, one of our foster dogs. calvin is our resident guard-dog/sweet-heart. he'd kill anyone who broke into our house but is also amazingly gentle with other animals. he rules.
P1090407.jpg

this is ernie in his pajamas. he doesn't want to talk about it.
PC190134-1.jpg

this is my SO with jack and diane - two american birds doin' the best - they - can. (goldens)
[
PC260634-2.jpg

these two little trouble makers are ziggy and tippy. they are cherry-head conures. one came from the san francisco wild flock because she developed the neurological illness that many of them do and thus she has severe balance problems. the other we pulled out of the pasadena shelter. he had plucked himself so often that he will never have feathers on his underbelly again. when we want to tease him we call him "mr. no pants."
IMG_0537.jpg

this is weeble. he was born with one foot upside down and only three toes. we haven't ever told him he is "handicapped" and so he doesn't know. his cuteness/danger level is about the same as a silkie chicken. beware. he's a goffin's cockatoo but he prefers the term "rockatoo."
IMG_0554-1.jpg

this is me and peeps who i got as a "bonus" chicken from SnM poultry! peeps thinks i'm really cool. the feeling is mutual. (meaning that i think PEEPS is really cool - not that i think i'm really cool! just re-read that and was like - huh?!!!)
P1090365.jpg

Last edited:
How cute! All of the pictures are cute.
smile.png
I love to see fellow rescuers. I always wanted a conure. I had a Green-Cheek for a while, but she had been abused by her former owner. I had to send her to someone who could help with her attitude issues.
sad.png

What are the yellow birds? They kinda look like conures. They are beautiful! And the picture of you and the Silkie is sweet.
big_smile.png

Awwwww!!!! Look at all of your kiddos! Your dogs have such glossy coats - they look like a really content duo!

Ernie SLAYS me...his expression is just priceless.
barnie.gif

And your FIDS!!!!!!!!! Weeble is my favorite, but I am a sucker for Goffins. Is he much of a talker? What is his personality like? And the Goldens...and the cherry-heads... cuteness sensory overload approaching!!!

That is a bunch of obviously-loved critters!
wink.png
I'm glad to see someone else with a softspot for the "misfit toys" that other folks don't (or won't) care for properly. So many pets to love...so little time.
big_smile.png
love.gif

hey country road.
thanks!
the yellow birds are golden conures. they are really great birds. we love 'em.

hey roux - yup, it's a pretty big "softspot" hehehe. regarding weeble - he is hilarious guy. he "plays" it pretty hard - sometimes he is the "baby" and needs mommy NOW, sometimes he is a "tough-guy" and can do everything himself . . . he doesn't say any human words but his cockatoo vocab is extensive. he's pretty much the birdy love of my life. oh, and in weeble's world there are only two people: mama (me) and not-the-mamma (everybody else)!
smile.png

Last edited:
WOW, what a beautiful family. And looking at the backgrounds in each picture, you have those lucky guys/girls living in absolute extravagance, which they all deserve, of course!

Yes, I'm a fellow rescue person.

Thanks for sharing!

ernie IS cute and he knows it . . .
whenever we have visitors he immediately starts "working" the room. he gets in everyones lap/face and starts purring and rubbing his whole nekkid self against them! such a flirt.
he is a sphynx/persian mix believe it or not! a breeder "accident." it's a long story but we didn't have to pay an adoption fee for ernie, we just got to have him come live with us! he is awesome. i luv him.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom