Some pics of my yucks and their area :o)

pookiethebear

Songster
11 Years
Apr 29, 2008
Here are my yucky ducks and thier box that they will not go into.....

The Yard: The neighbors like to overlook our ducks and chickens, that is thier house there in the background.
P1010136.jpg

The ducks:
P1010138.jpg

p1010140.jpg

Their kiddy pool:
P1010139.jpg

Their box:
P1010141.jpg

P1010142.jpg

P1010145.jpg

Last edited:
You have the cuttest ducks
love.gif

i wish i knew a way for you to get them to go in there boxs at night but my ducks they sometimes don't go in theres either some nights they do and some nights they don't

That is something I do not get, they would rather sit outside in the sun and pant rather than go under the awning or in thier box. I put them in the box when we set it all up for them but once I walked away from them they ran out and have not been back in since.

The fence is a little too low/flimsy, as they do escape but they do not go far and we just corrall them back in. There are 2 small apple trees in their area that we hoped they would keep bug free. Well they have been doing a great job at that but also eating tree branches, so we had to recage the trees so they could not get to the limbs.

They love it when I mow thier grass. I mow about every other week so it gets a little high, when the mower spits out a row of cut grass they go crazy forraging through it for bugs and munchies.

Don't let the title fool you I love my yucky ducks.
love.gif

They are so commical especially when I clean out the kiddy pool and fill it with fresh water. They go totally NUTS!

My ducks never go in their house either....unless I herd them in when there's going to be a blizzard. Then they complain about it....they'd rather be out in the snow.

I would like to encourage you to put up a more sturdy fence. The netting it appears you have won't keep much of anything out. They're cute ducks and I'd hate for you to lose them.

Lol, Mine go in when its cold at night and 1 likes to lay in there.
roll.png
Makes me wonder why i built it sometimes.
Don't you just LOVE pekins? Theirs so pudgy.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom