Some pics of my yucks and their area :o)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by pookiethebear, Aug 4, 2008.

1. pookiethebear

pookiethebear Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    Here are my yucky ducks and thier box that they will not go into.....

The Yard: The neighbors like to overlook our ducks and chickens, that is thier house there in the background.
    [​IMG]

The ducks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Their kiddy pool:
    [​IMG]

Their box:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  2. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    You have the cuttest ducks [​IMG]

i wish i knew a way for you to get them to go in there boxs at night but my ducks they sometimes don't go in theres either some nights they do and some nights they don't

3. pookiethebear

Apr 29, 2008
    That is something I do not get, they would rather sit outside in the sun and pant rather than go under the awning or in thier box. I put them in the box when we set it all up for them but once I walked away from them they ran out and have not been back in since.

4. dixygirl

dixygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    That looks like an ideal setting. So much space, so cute, so green... Wow!

5. pookiethebear

Apr 29, 2008
    The fence is a little too low/flimsy, as they do escape but they do not go far and we just corrall them back in. There are 2 small apple trees in their area that we hoped they would keep bug free. Well they have been doing a great job at that but also eating tree branches, so we had to recage the trees so they could not get to the limbs.

They love it when I mow thier grass. I mow about every other week so it gets a little high, when the mower spits out a row of cut grass they go crazy forraging through it for bugs and munchies.

Don't let the title fool you I love my yucky ducks. [​IMG]

They are so commical especially when I clean out the kiddy pool and fill it with fresh water. They go totally NUTS!

6. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    Nice [​IMG]

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

My ducks never go in their house either....unless I herd them in when there's going to be a blizzard. Then they complain about it....they'd rather be out in the snow.

I would like to encourage you to put up a more sturdy fence. The netting it appears you have won't keep much of anything out. They're cute ducks and I'd hate for you to lose them.

8. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    Lol, Mine go in when its cold at night and 1 likes to lay in there. [​IMG] Makes me wonder why i built it sometimes.
    Don't you just LOVE pekins? Theirs so pudgy. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by