Somebody dumped two young chickens over my fence this morning.

If they are both hend that's a bit better. I would do the same as I had told you put them in a wire cage inside the barn or housing and let them get used to them. I would beat them in there for up to 5 days and then try it and watch what's going on. Wish you the best

those look like seramas! i wouldnt put them with any standard size chickens. maybe they would get picked on? :/
The rooster (I have named him Napoleon) seems to be being accepted just fine, but the little hen is definitely being picked on. I'm not sure what to do. I don't have space for two coops. I've added more space to their run but that doesn't seem to be helping. Only two chickens seem to be doing the main bullying... Rosy, the game hen.. and sadly, the little rooster.

I would too, but that doesn't seem to be how things work in this neighborhood. Yeah, the day after they dumped the two little chickens I heard about the new ruling about no chicken sales or transfers because of the disease. LIkely why they dumped them. They couldn't sell them.

So far, no signs of infection. I'm giving them apple cider vinegar and garlic in their water in the hopes of keeping them all healthy.

I would be mad as heck if someone dumped birds into my coop/run. Furious.

Especially being in California, I would be worried about Virulent Newcastle Disease. But, as you say, it's too late to do anything about it now.

I would far rather someone come to my door and ask me to take their chickens than to drop them into a pen on the sly.

Back
Top Bottom