Somebody lost, I found. Any ideas???

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by cmom, Dec 10, 2011.

1. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I'm not sure what I have or what category I should post in, but it was in the street so I rescued it. Any suggestions???
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Quote:No sorry. but she/he is very cute. Good Job getting her. Your a hero. [​IMG]

3. Alicia G

Alicia G Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    That is some sort of duck. looks fairly large for its age so Id say some sort of domestic one at that

4. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Well, according to my calculations that's a duck. [​IMG] Jk.

Could you post a pick of it standing?

5. Alicia G

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    She reminds me of a welsh harlequin cross I have. she was the exact same color as that as a duckling

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    The wings are very tiny.

7. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Question, why is this thread in the goose and duck section?

She looks like a muscovie, or a welsh harlequin... Looks more muscovy though...

8. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:Because someone told me they thought it was a goose. I really don't know what it is. I have never had ducks or geese.

9. Alicia G

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    Im leaning towards Welsh/Welsh mix. It doesn't look exactly like a Muscovy to me IMO. What are you feeding it? Make sure that what ever it is, its NOT medicated
    EDIT: Its wings are small because of its age, but as it gets older they'll get bigger. Plus the feathers are what make the birds wings look so big, not the actual meat of the wing [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  10. LLCoyote

LLCoyote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    If you have the space to keep it and you want to, I suggest sexing it and buying another member of the same sex to keep it company. If you don't want it then I suggest talking to your local shelter, or if you have time to wait, post it in the auction part of this site (I think that's the correct place, you may want to look at the rules of the board before posting). If the shelter or a vet can't help you, I'm sure they can put you into contact with people who can. If they suggest just letting it go, then they're wrong. It's too young to be on it's own. Good luck!! You're a good person for picking it up! If you decide to keep it then I hope you have as much fun with her as I do mine!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by