Someone distract me....

Word nerd info here:

In the USA, we say "A watched pot doesn't boil."

In England, they say, "A watched pot doesn't boil over."

Only one word, but totally different meaning.
b3e1aa4ee116dba98aa1e5951611daa7.jpg

Update---I have a new layer (I think)

Here are the 3 brown-ish eggs that I have gotten between yesterday and today. The one on the right is consistent in color with the ones we have been getting for 2 weeks from our Plymouth Rock. The other two are new today--maybe the one on the far left could be from the PR but I don't think so--a little different in shape and not as dark (her eggs have been spot on in shape and color after her first couple). Any thoughts as to who is laying these eggs?

I have 3 Brahmas (2 buff and 1 light) and a SLW all at 25 weeks.

I also have 3 that should lay white eggs-photo attached too as I have 3 different shapes/color of cream and white eggs as well. I believe the 2 on the left are from my Polish, as those have been consistently the same shape and size (sometimes 2 in the same day) and are small. The one on the far right--maybe the Leghorn as it is the most "white" but the larger/oblong one in the middle I am not sure......

Now I am confused (excited but confused). Any thoughts? thank you!

(they are only dated so we know which is oldest as we were only getting 2ish a day--and wanted to make sure the oldest were eaten first)

Attachments

• 20210916_091451.jpg
    20210916_091451.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210916_131651.jpg
    20210916_131651.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Update---I have a new layer (I think)

Here are the 3 brown-ish eggs that I have gotten between yesterday and today. The one on the right is consistent in color with the ones we have been getting for 2 weeks from our Plymouth Rock. The other two are new today--maybe the one on the far left could be from the PR but I don't think so--a little different in shape and not as dark (her eggs have been spot on in shape and color after her first couple). Any thoughts as to who is laying these eggs?

I have 3 Brahmas (2 buff and 1 light) and a SLW all at 25 weeks.

I also have 3 that should lay white eggs-photo attached too as I have 3 different shapes/color of cream and white eggs as well. I believe the 2 on the left are from my Polish, as those have been consistently the same shape and size (sometimes 2 in the same day) and are small. The one on the far right--maybe the Leghorn as it is the most "white" but the larger/oblong one in the middle I am not sure......

Now I am confused (excited but confused). Any thoughts? thank you!

(they are only dated so we know which is oldest as we were only getting 2ish a day--and wanted to make sure the oldest were eaten first)
Hard to say. You could always do the lipstick on the fanny trick... :lau Different colors for different girls! If you do it you HAVE to tell me. lolol

Hard to say. You could always do the lipstick on the fanny trick... :lau Different colors for different girls! If you do it you HAVE to tell me. lolol
I thought about it, someone suggested it to me last week or the week before. I guess I might as well try it.

I do wonder if my nesting boxes aren't big enough for my light Brahma--she is a big girl and I currently have 12x12. Is it ok if I build her a nest underneath the 3 that I have, on the floor (add sides and maybe a little bit of a front? She is one that uses the ladder to hop up to the roost. I just wonder if she will fit or feel better on the floor.

I thought about it, someone suggested it to me last week or the week before. I guess I might as well try it.

I do wonder if my nesting boxes aren't big enough for my light Brahma--she is a big girl and I currently have 12x12. Is it ok if I build her a nest underneath the 3 that I have, on the floor (add sides and maybe a little bit of a front? She is one that uses the ladder to hop up to the roost. I just wonder if she will fit or feel better on the floor.
I think she'll be fine in the box. They like to scrunch into nests. I would try to break alternate nests early. I didn't and now I have three different nests spots and it's annoying.

Back
Top Bottom