Someone please help my chick is opening and closing beak

bomptonqueen

Songster
7 Years
Aug 9, 2015
Apple Valley Ca
Hello can someone please help me I have a chick he is five days old this morning his beak was opening and closing not sure if it’s because of the heat in California we are at 100° and I have them inside because it is way too hot to have them outside and he is just a newborn chick I have them inside and he has his beak open and close almost as if he cannot get some air so I have just turned on the AC called the local pet feet and they recommended me to terramycin also have ordered a antibiotic named tylosin know because I read in this page is that it works can someone please help me what can I do i gave him electrolyte and he threw up before terramycin i gave him some corid incase its something else please help me he pooped normal right now no diarhea not opening eyes still chirps he cant stand up wont eat please help me

Last edited:
peanut coop has given you very good advice. 100 degrees is way too hot. Out here (Midwest) it reached upper 90's and I'm hiding in the basement - just 73F down here.
peanut coop has given you very good advice. 100 degrees is way too hot. Out here (Midwest) it reached upper 90's and I'm hiding in the basement - just 73F down here.
Thankyou so much i live in a small town named apple valley 2 days ago we reached 107 and this chick is 5 days old i just turned on the ac to help him relax he seems to be doing better i hope he feels okay still gave him medication just incase

Back
Top Bottom