Hey everyone! I had a busy day today or I would have posted sooner. I want to say thanks to everyone. It means alot that y'all care about how Homer is doing and all the kind words and everyones help and advice. I really appreciate it. I sound so repetitive but idk what else to say. Just thank you because I came here very lost and confused and sad for the rooster, and I got all my answers and more. So I do have an update on Homer. He is doing so good! He takes his antibiotics, He eats his yogurt. I did get a little more stuff out (liquid) when I was changing his dressing this afternoon, But he didnt bleed at all this time. Just looked like pus or infection. He didn't want to sit for me today. He def seemed more energetic today. He did not want to wait for me to wrap him back up before taking off. Lol... I also learned something about Homer today and I'm sure its not too uncommon but I thought it was so weird how he kept going into the dog box the past week and he would come right back out shortly after, and today I finally went in to see what he does in there and here he sneaks into the box to eat the dog food. Lol my MIL told me he loves dog food.. Too funny he steals the dogs food. He ate corn, and yogurt while I ws there today and he has been eating very good. I dont have any new concerns today. The swelling is still going down. The only 2 things is the smell is the absolute worst part of this whole thing. It smells like road kill. Once I flush it out with warm water it does bring the smell down a little but when I unwrap it omg it is so bad. I know its probably gonna smell, but its ripe forsure. The other thing is. The scales on his foot are peeling off I noticed. Im sure that its not unheard of because of the degree of swelling he has. Other than that, no new news and no bad news. I am happy to see him progressing. Even his foot just looks better. Next time I will take pics of it I didnt have time to take a pic of the wound today because he was restless and wanted to GO. His limp is improving. Idk if its just because his foots wrapped up or it feels better. Today I actually seen him run for the first time in a while.. Even though he was running from me LOL I was happy to see it. My friend took some pics for me today. I will post them. The clear and blue tape on his foot is weather proof tape so his bandages dont get wet. I didnt get none of the weather proof tape on his skin btw. :)
Yay! So glad to hear the good news! As long as you keep on going with the antibiotics, ointment and iodine flushes the smell will cease eventually. Just have to kill off all that infection. You're doing so great! He is going to live because of you!

Retired medic, here. The black stuff was either necrotic (dead) tissue or old dried blood. The smell is the infection, which will die down.
It's great that he's back to his old tricks. Pretty guy!

Oh BYC family, can we give this gal even MORE props for doing this while healing from a c-section on top of everything else. Bravo! Bravo! :bow

Me petting him trying to calm him before undressing him.

Attachments

• PhotoEditor_20190615_234853668.jpg
    PhotoEditor_20190615_234853668.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 26

Back
Top Bottom