Someone Tossed this in my Coop.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by andreanar, Sep 15, 2018.

1. ronott1

ronott1 A chicken will always remember the egg

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, CA
    My Coop
    Maybe I should lock my gate!

If she has lice, she may have worms too.

2. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Crossing the Road

Mar 21, 2016
    Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)
    Exactly! Some would be happy to have an extra egg laying hen or two that someone no longer wanted to take care of them, but at least have the decency to ask the other person if they would take them!

3. snow5164

snow5164 Crowing

May 16, 2015
    I’ve had kittens and a puppy dumped in my yard .... that’s amazing ! Sorry she infected your flock ,sounds like you’re on top of it , she is a pretty girl :)

I couldn’t make boys maybe someone will dump one on my driveway??

4. WVForestGirl

WVForestGirl Songster

Aug 11, 2015
    West Virginia
    Since your chickens free range and she seems so comfortable already, do you think it might be possible that she has been hanging out with them and just put herself to bed with them at night without you noticing?
    I would be a lot more comfortable with that rather than the idea that someone came into the yard and into the coop.

5. Crazy for Chickens!

Crazy for Chickens! Free Ranging

Jun 9, 2017
    NW Missouri
    Barred Rock

penny1960 and Chick-N-Fun like this.
  6. andreanar

andreanar Crowing

May 16, 2014
    Finger Lakes, NY
    That's certainly possible. But someone had to have dropped her off. There aren't chickens around us. Our land is in the country, no man's land!

She has made herself at home. All birds have been debugged, and wormed. We have named her "Found".
    She's a quiet, pleasant girl. A little thin and raggedy, but tlc and good food should take care of that.

She has a home as long as she lives now
    20180918_124521.jpg

7. WVForestGirl

WVForestGirl Songster

Aug 11, 2015
    West Virginia
    Lucky girl, she seems to have found a better life wherever she came from.

8. Fluffy&Cutie

Fluffy&Cutie Songster

May 17, 2018
    Los Angeles Basin
    Her forever home is with you. Awwww.
    I love her name. I bet she will be so grateful you took her in. However she got there, it must have been scary for her. Your love will warm her heart!

9. Fluffy&Cutie

Fluffy&Cutie Songster

May 17, 2018
    Los Angeles Basin
    Her forever home is with you. Awwww.
    I love her name. I bet she will be so grateful you took her in. However she got there, it must have been scary for her. Your love will warm her heart!

penny1960 and Chick-N-Fun like this.
  10. Chickassan

Chickassan Wattle Fondler

@andreanar ,I'm sorry I giggled a little bit. Not because of the lice I swear! It is just so freaky that somebody would just chunk a chicken in your coop like a reverse burglar! At least she's nice right and she's not cocka doodling. Btw i'm padlocking my coop now, i'm senile enough not to notice a new one.:)

11. True Patriot

True Patriot Sanity is subjective

May 20, 2018
    Liberty Co, Georgia
    My Coop
    Makes me glad I have almost the entire property covered with cameras. If I could find who was in the yard I have a few things I'd like to re-home.
    KIMG0373.JPG :lau

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: