Someone Tossed this in my Coop.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by andreanar, Sep 15, 2018.

1. to BarbsGirls

to BarbsGirls Crowing

May 16, 2018
    Indiana
    I’ve got one for you!!! He’s a senior and ready to have college paid for....when can we drop him off? He does like chickens and he’s cute!

Morrigan, andreanar, ronott1 and 4 others like this.
  2. MissChick@dee

[email protected] ~ Dreaming Of Springtime ~

Aug 18, 2017
    Caliente Nevada
    :lau

3. Chickassan

Chickassan Wattle Fondler

Maybe she was a bootyhole where she was and just decided to be nice for you. The fella that gave me Hobo was going to turn her loose at the dump because she kept pecking the dog and flogging his wife. She's never flogged me, she will peck the cat though...but the cat asks for it.:)

4. andreanar

andreanar Crowing

May 16, 2014
    Finger Lakes, NY
    I hope so! All my girls are molting, except for the babies and the mama that hasn't started back laying yet, and her eggs really don't count (she really doesn't count as a chicken either) cause she's a bantam. So, we are getting an egg only here and there. I refuse to buy eggs when I have these chickens. I hope Found lays soon. If she doesn't lay, then I wont count her as a chicken either. Im not counting one of the babies either cause hes a cockerel. I guess that means I can hatch more eggs in the spring! :celebrate

5. Morrigan

Morrigan Free Ranging

Apr 9, 2014
    N. California
    It's amazing how well and quickly she integrated into your flock. It makes me wonder if she had been free-ranging with your birds for awhile before she snuck into the coop. Someone could have done a road-side dump and she found her own way over to the good life.

I hope she lays for you.

6. andreanar

andreanar Crowing

May 16, 2014
    Finger Lakes, NY
    I know! I intro'd 2 new girls into my flock this spring and it was horrible. My girls were so mean. This new one, they accepted her right away. Go figure....weird chickens

townchicks likes this.
  7. RustyBucketFarmGirl

RustyBucketFarmGirl Songster

Jul 3, 2018
    Ohio
    Maybe that’s what i should tell my husband about the 5 chickens i want to take from Craigslist...oh honey i have no idea how they got there. I sear i woke up this morning and they were in the coop!!!:celebrate

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: