29722_0807091654.jpg

I think this was either in his crop, or gizzard:
29722_0807091654a.jpg

So I am pretty sure he is dead.
hit.gif

The actual measurement of the openings is 2x1 inches. (I had guessed wrong
hu.gif
)

The pen is still latched, and I would think a 2 legged predator would have at least taken it from the yard before plucking it. I don't know why there aren't other PARTS of the bird laying around.

I may scout the woods behind my pens later this weekend to see if I can find a carcass laying somewhere in the brush.

I still can't figure out how whatever it was got it out.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys.
hugs.gif

I have a pen just about like that and nothing has EVER gotten out of it. I was thinking about yours and was wondering if a predator got on the top of it and it pressed down a little if the door would bow out and the roo escape and the predator would get it right away. A bobcat/dog/coon, something like that size could possibly make that scenario happen.

Quote:
My door is on top. The door is larger than the opening, & it's latched with a hook. I am still scratching my head over this one.

I've got something waiting for the
duc.gif
though:

29722_0807091745.jpg

Quote:
It sure does - just don't go out there to check your roos in the early morning hours before you've had your coffee...
ep.gif

Amy's Animals :

sounds like it could be human to me, any neighbors around that hate your roosters and would love to make an end to them when youre not around????
sad.png

I really don't think so, the closest neighbors are the inlaws. This happened over night, while we were home. We live out in the country, so there are no kids around close.​

I'm sorry, but if I heard my chickens being attacked by something, and I hadn't had my coffee yet.... well.... I feel for ya' chickens...

Can't wait to see what comes of the death trap! This si a subscribed topic, for sure!
So sorry you lost a roo!

Those holes in the fencing are big enough to let a raccoon pull a rooster through a piece at a time. I'll bet that's what your culprit is. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom