something to try an talk about

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by dam danny, Nov 11, 2012.

1. dam danny

dam danny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2012
    sylvester georgia
    found this in the meyer hatchery catalog charlie`s chicken salad for chickens 1 shredded cucumber 1 shredded zucchini 1 shredded potato 1/4 head shredded cabbage 1 diced tomato 2 diced stalks celery 1/2 bunch diced leaf lettuce it says thats right ...it`s chicken salad for chickens thay love it

2. OneCrazyCowgirl

OneCrazyCowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

I saw that! Very interesting!

3. lbrtyldy

lbrtyldy Out Of The Brooder

Dec 18, 2011
    I don't think my girls would eat half of it and all the shredding sounds like an awful lot of work to feed chickens. Not that I haven't cooked for my chickens from time to time - like when my husband came with a 50 lb bag of free rice. But if your chickens like it - that's great and great for them!

4. dam danny

dam danny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2012
    sylvester georgia
    have noy tryed it but bet someone has

5. chfite

chfite Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Taylors, SC
    Since chickens will eat almost anything, it should be a hit. Nevertheless, seems like a lot of work instead of just tossing the components into the run.

Chris

6. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    I agree with Chris, no need to chop or shred just toss the veggies in to them! One caution, make sure you peel the potatoes first-no raw skins.

I feed my chickens all my leftover veggies, threw a bag of baby carrots in today and they devoured them! I have also collected my friends pumpkins from halloween (not rotten) and they feast on them too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by