something to try an talk about

dam danny

Songster
7 Years
Nov 4, 2012
sylvester georgia
found this in the meyer hatchery catalog charlie`s chicken salad for chickens 1 shredded cucumber 1 shredded zucchini 1 shredded potato 1/4 head shredded cabbage 1 diced tomato 2 diced stalks celery 1/2 bunch diced leaf lettuce it says thats right ...it`s chicken salad for chickens thay love it

I don't think my girls would eat half of it and all the shredding sounds like an awful lot of work to feed chickens. Not that I haven't cooked for my chickens from time to time - like when my husband came with a 50 lb bag of free rice. But if your chickens like it - that's great and great for them!

Since chickens will eat almost anything, it should be a hit. Nevertheless, seems like a lot of work instead of just tossing the components into the run.

Chris

I agree with Chris, no need to chop or shred just toss the veggies in to them! One caution, make sure you peel the potatoes first-no raw skins.

I feed my chickens all my leftover veggies, threw a bag of baby carrots in today and they devoured them! I have also collected my friends pumpkins from halloween (not rotten) and they feast on them too!

Back
Top Bottom