Sometimes a dead mouse calls for extreme measures

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Qurus, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Qurus

Qurus Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2012
    Donna, Texas
    How do you define love?

[​IMG]

Here's my beautiful fiance, right by my side as we remove a dead mouse. In fact, she insisted on doing the removal herself this time while I held the bag and flashlight. Is there a man more blessed than I?

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I miss my Berber dog, she always handled the mouse hunting. lol It was really cool until she would barf the mouse back up. [​IMG]

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Was it one of those with a wide white stripe down its back?

5. Qurus

Feb 14, 2012
    Donna, Texas
    No, but it had been dead long enough to fall apart when grabbed. She said it felt like gelatin with bones. It was in a close area behind the cupboard, and beleive me, the smell was overpowering.

6. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Been there, done that.[​IMG] Amazing how something so small can make a smell so big, isn't it?

7. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    You are a blessed man. Marry that marvelous woman quick!!! [​IMG]

8. Ole and Lena

Ole and Lena Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Wright Co Minnesota
    That's better than my wife. The woman will shoot and gut a deer, clean out a nasty horse stall, and do God know's what in her job as a nurse but will not under any circumstances touch even a stone dead frozen mouse. When one's in a trap and I don't find it first, she picks up the trap with the fire tongs and throws the whole works out. I hate that, gets rid of my best seasoned traps (they work better with mouse scent on them).

9. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    We have one cat that hunts them in the cellar, brings them into the bedroom at night and plays with them until they're dead. She doesn't eat them but leaves them in various places--sometimes on the bed--for us to find. As with Ole and Lena, I'm on constant call to remove the dead bodies.

10. Qurus

Feb 14, 2012
    Donna, Texas
    We have a pair of cats here that are supposed to be hunters, but out in the country, I guess there's too many mice for 2 cats. But one of them may be pregnant, so we might get a a bunch more rodent hunters, I just hope they don't like annoying my chickens as much as their momma does.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by