Sonic No Bark thing on TV

Quote:
Sadly, you've got to be more stubborn. It's like a whiney kid begging for candy... even if you give up the candy 4 hours later the kid still realized whining =s candy.

I've trained nearly all my pets (parrots included) to be quieter by simply ignoring them when they were loud and giving them a TON of attention and what they wanted when they were quiet. I'd say things like, "Wow Lola you've been so QUIET lately, you get a treat!" every time she was quiet for awhile. After awhile 'quiet' became the word to shut up and get a treat!
smile.png
And noise meant being ignored entirely.

I was just thinking about this and I might start taking her out on a leash to do her business. I can't leave her out there forever until she calms down when it is 10 degrees. I just like the dogs to have some "running" time during the winter when they are more cooped up.

I am grateful for the advice so far.

Elizabeth - you did remind me that when my 16 year old was little she asked me everyday for about 2 years if she could have popsicles or candy for breakfast. I never let her, she kept asking. She is still tenacious but has figured out it won't work with me.

Last edited:
I have one wiener dog that is female and 12 years old. She barks at everything literally. The oven door opening and closing, the toaster oven bell when you set the dial then when the bell goes off, she will bark when our saint jumps on the outside door, the hair dryer, the vacuum, the tv if a bell goes off, when ever the kids come to our bedroom door, when the cooking timer goes off etc. she is so irritating when she does this. I don't know what to do....I feel bad to put a shock collar on her cause she is so old and set in her ways.

We bought the thing your talking about I think from walmart and she kept barking it did not work so we took it back.

Quote:
Do you know what kind it is? I hate to shock her but....

I should video tape how crazy she gets.

Sorry, I don't.. But just go online to a pet store and look under bark control.. I didn't want to shock mine either per say.. But it ony took a few times and she stopped doing it.. Even if I took the collar off. Of course after she realized it was off, she would go back to barking. But she knew what the collar would do, and as soon as I put it back on.. she wouldn't do it anymore. I loved it.. Matter of fact, the battery ran down and I just left it way.. As long as the collar was on, she was good.

We used to have dogs that barked a lot....and it wasn't a guard bark or anything. It was just a loud, annoying, constant bark. What we would do is we would get a squirt bottle...just a squirt bottle that you would use for hair spray or whatever. Make sure it is all rinsed out if your using a hair spray bottle(we always bought empty spray bottles) and then you fill it up with half water and half vinegar. And then you have to shake it a little or mix it around. You don't have to fill the whole bottle up but you could just fill half of the bottle with half water half vinegar. Then every time your dog barks at the mail man you spray it in his mouth and say, "No bark!" or "Quiet!!!" or whatever word you want to use. You have to do it everytime he barks at the mail man or whatever and always say "No Bark!!!" when you squirt it in his mouth. After awhile you will be able to just say, "Quiet" and he will remember the vinegar and will stop barking. We had a dog that every time she barked and you said, "Quiet" she would immediatly stop barking and lick her lips because she would remember the vinegar. We have been using this method for YEARS and YEARS!!!! And it always workes!!!!

Willow's Meadow :

We used to have dogs that barked a lot....and it wasn't a guard bark or anything. It was just a loud, annoying, constant bark. What we would do is we would get a squirt bottle...just a squirt bottle that you would use for hair spray or whatever. Make sure it is all rinsed out if your using a hair spray bottle(we always bought empty spray bottles) and then you fill it up with half water and half vinegar. And then you have to shake it a little or mix it around. You don't have to fill the whole bottle up but you could just fill half of the bottle with half water half vinegar. Then every time your dog barks at the mail man you spray it in his mouth and say, "No bark!" or "Quiet!!!" or whatever word you want to use. You have to do it everytime he barks at the mail man or whatever and always say "No Bark!!!" when you squirt it in his mouth. After awhile you will be able to just say, "Quiet" and he will remember the vinegar and will stop barking. We had a dog that every time she barked and you said, "Quiet" she would immediatly stop barking and lick her lips because she would remember the vinegar. We have been using this method for YEARS and YEARS!!!! And it always workes!!!!

I have tried a water bottle and it didn't phase her BUT it was just plain water. I will try this.​

Quote:
I have tried a water bottle and it didn't phase her BUT it was just plain water. I will try this.

Yeah it will probably help....they usually catch on pretty quickly. But we have this one dog that is just VERY VERY hyper and energetic and a little stubborn. So when she was a puppy she barked a lot and we had to use the squirt bottle but we just fill it up will vinegar and no water. We usually dilute it will the water.....but with this one dog we had to use all vinegar. But after a few days she figured it out and stopped the obnoxious barking.

Back
Top Bottom