Soooo Excited!

IT'S HERE!!! We drove 2 hours to Erie, PA in nasty weather but we have the wood!!! Now I have to wait for it to dry while I look for 2x4s and plywood!
smile.png

106000_img_9370.jpg
(Everyone helped unload!)

106000_img_9374.jpg
(set out to dry)

What a great BARN-gain! LOL Free is always the best. Make sure you allow for enough wood to cover all 5 sides. (including the roof). You can place it side by side on the roof tung and grove or not and then 3 tab roofing over it. Great find cant wait to see how it turns out?
caf.gif

Quote:
I plan to cheat on the roof. I scored free shingles so I am going to use osb or plywood under the shingles...
smile.png

Quote:
I plan to cheat on the roof. I scored free shingles so I am going to use osb or plywood under the shingles...
smile.png

Use OSB (oriented strand board) is a very good choice. It will last for years. Good choice
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
smile.png

We used osb underneath our metal roofing. I know a lot don't but dh thought it would be better with the snow loads we get in the winter. Even though our roof joists (and all other studs in the coop) are 16" on center.

Titus2Woman - I am so happy for you, I know the feeling. Am also glad you found a trailer to borrow, so when are you going over to get it???????

I bought 20 pallets for $20.00 & then found free ones on Craig's List. Go figure!
tongue.png
tongue.png

But then I found a place that I can get wood shipping crates for free. Am planning on getting them on Wed. Hubby has reserve weekend this weekend & we can not get over there till then. I am
droolin.gif
I want that wood so bad!
Am also hoping to get two extra crates to build my girls a large playhouse.

I love the fact that so many of us are reusing items, so that they do not go into the landfill.
thumbsup.gif

Have you drawn up your plans yet?

Quote:
X2

100,000,000,000,000,000,000X

You have a lot of balls to say "not in my opinion" I will be keeping you in my prayers...God bless

I just don't get why it was said in the first place. It didn't contribute to the discussion at all (not even a "congrats" or "good for you" or anything) and it only seemed like it was posted to inflame.
sad.png

Quote:
I have to agree that I am not sure why it was posted. However, I have to say I am so impressed with how well this group of people handled it. I have been on some forums where the people allowed themselves to be inflamed and it caused the individual to then continue with how there was hypocrisy, etc. This wonderful group handled it so well and offered up prayers for the individual which is exactly how it should have been handled. I am just more and more impressed with this group each day!

Back
Top Bottom