SOOOOOOO MAD!!!! Another midwife "fail"

Yeah...they suck.Your numbers are a-ok looking to me too.
It sounds like they planned on telling you that you are suffering from GD and need to follow the GD diet.One of my friends just went thru the same thing, told she failed so they had her go to the dietitian and get on the special low carb no sugar GD diet.She did fine on it but didnt find out until after the baby was born that she never had it to begin with and her doc manipulated her to make sure her weight didnt get out of control.It is soooo irritating that someone would do that to a patient.

Question here.... Did they give you any medication or alternative diets to follow in the aftermath of these horrid numbers? Or basically keep telling you this stuff to make you worry? Mid-wives and there associates see the medical community as flawed, so I am interested to know if they TREATED you....

I found a hospital lab around us that does various blood tests for cash.We were paying $135 for all of dh's tests(he has D2),and now we pay $45.The A1C was only $10. I would look into that or maybe a daily meter is an option for you.

I think midwives have to cover their butts even more than the OBs to avoid injury to you or the baby.Otherwise if something goes wrong they will be asked," Why did you not test,or do X,Y,Z to prevent this?"OB's generally do EVERY test there is and the MWs seem to be more selective.

I got really stressed during pregnancies and as a result did most of my own prenatal.Back then I was healthy though,and now I would probably require an OB.Don't be afraid to ask for what you want, and decline what you do not want to do.But at the same time you have to come to terms with any decisions you make that will affect you and the baby.Sometimes putting your care into the hands of others is the best option,and sometimes it just makes things worse.

Get all your info together and decide.Wishing you a healthy babe and a stress(less) pregnancy!

Well I call them today to discuss my results. I'm not going to let on that I already know my results and see if they decide to hang themselves. I've already decided though that I am moving to the OB at that same clinic. It's the same clinic, which is unfortunate and it's the doctor I had with my first two children (who is a good doc, but a bit of a jerk who thinks all pregnant ladies are hysterical), but at least I have a past with this guy and know he won't BS me on my numbers. I gained a HUGE amount of weight with my first two, which is not good, but this doc never gave me hell so long as my numbers were in the normal range. Now that I am older, and doing a much better job controlling my weight and being aware of my blood sugars, I think the move will be ok.

I'll post as soon as I get their response about the latest test results.

It sounds to me that it's not so much that they are after the bigger moms (and I'm one) but that they are after the extra money they get from additional testing and appointments to discuss testing, etc. Which is fraud. They can have different standards, I've had different doctors with each pregnancy (different states, military family) and they all had different ones, but if they are flat out lying that you failed even WITH their different standards, there's something major wrong.

I had GD with my last child. It's a bit overwhelming right at first, but once you get the hang of the diet, it's really not bad. I did end up losing all the pg. weight I'd gained up to that point, though. At the end they kept telling me that I needed to be gaining a pound per week (even though, yes, I'm overweight) and I told them I could either follow the gest. diabetes diet or I could gain the pound a week. I COULDN'T do both!
lol.png

Im not trying to stick my nose in I am just concerned about your numbers. I am a diabetic and your numbers are high for a 3 hour glucose test. here is a link to the number chart what the levels are considered high. http://www.diabetesmonitor.com/lear...-diabetes/gestational-diabetes-guidelines.htm I have had to redo everything in my life because of diabetes, it is not an easy task any number above 140 is considered as a diabetic. I was diagnosed in 2003 my health has went down hill every since then, i won't get into all of that cause this is your thread. well actually now they consider anything over 90 as pre 120 or above is considered diabetic. I now take 4 shots of insulin a day can not get it below 200 has damaged my kidneys caused a heart attack damaged my eyes . Diabetes is nothing to play around with I know. I didn't want to accept it but now I have to. I think your midwife is just trying to look out for you and your baby. My neice had to go every 2 weeks to have hers checked, it was never elevated but because of her age and weight she had to be closely monitered.her baby was huge upon delivery 10lbs almost 11 could not deliver her she was just too big. (the baby) diabetes will cause a huge baby and make delivery hard.
I would seek out the advise from a OB/GYN and ask them their oppinion. I am just worried about you and your babys health so please don't take this wrong

Back
Top Bottom