Sorry if I'm being a pest....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by pattee, Jun 7, 2008.

1. pattee

pattee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    I've posted this on this thread and a few others... and I am still at a loss.

First let me say I got my chicks from MPC. They were 5 weeks when I took these pictures (which if someone wants to see them I'll post them but I don't want anyone to say.."Geesh not these pictures again!") They'll be 6 weeks Monday. I have very healthy chicks. I did not expect "show" quality chickens
    I did expect to see my chicks growing up to the pictures I've seen.

So far 2 out my 3 Polish's have lopsided feathered heads. Some say that can be normal and others say it's a hatchery chick and will never grow out.

My Silkie doesn't look like so many silkies but she does have black skin, and 5 toes. Another Pet quality I'm guessing.

I love all my babies.

But I'm starting to feel insecure about what I got. Also if MPC was sending out "pet quality" and had so many things different don't you think they'd suffer which I don't think they have?

Thanks for hearing me out! [​IMG]
  2. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Quality can depend on the hatchery. I don't have experience with MPC at all, but many have used them.
    Sorry if you are disappointed, but if they are healthy that's what matters most.
    I got mine from Ideal and was pleased with the quality.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by