Sour Crop- I need some advice

Are you still treating for sour crop? I've got a hen that I am really struggling with. She's had diarrhea and is so skinny. She's also molting. I fear she has a slight impaction, if that's a thing. There is some movement in her digestive tract, but her crop will not clear. I've done the molasses flush a couple of days ago but I believe I'm going to try it again and if nothing, I'll start massages many times each day with oil. She's got to get some weight back on and absorb some nutrients and minerals. I'll probably start a thread on her.

Are you still treating for sour crop? I've got a hen that I am really struggling with. She's had diarrhea and is so skinny. She's also molting. I fear she has a slight impaction, if that's a thing. There is some movement in her digestive tract, but her crop will not clear. I've done the molasses flush a couple of days ago but I believe I'm going to try it again and if nothing, I'll start massages many times each day with oil. She's got to get some weight back on and absorb some nutrients and minerals. I'll probably start a thread on her.
I am still treating her! She is showing good improvement.

If you have any advice, the hen that I am treating for sour crop along with another healthy hen feels a bit skinny. I don’t think it has to do with sour crop, she was always thin. Do you know a way that they can gain some weight the healthy way? They have access to food, and the hens that I’m talking about are top of the pecking order.

If you have any advice, the hen that I am treating for sour crop along with another healthy hen feels a bit skinny. I don’t think it has to do with sour crop, she was always thin. Do you know a way that they can gain some weight the healthy way? They have access to food, and the hens that I’m talking about are top of the pecking order.
If the hen is healthy and she's always been on the thin side, I wouldn't try to put weight on her. A hen that's on the heavy side is subject to a lot of issues. Your hen that's recovering will put weight back on naturally. Feeding a complete pellet or crumble feed that's fresh, is the best diet. I like to feed dried black soldier fly larvae as treats, especially during their annual molt because of the extra protein. I feel confident that my Luna Petunia will regain weight once her crop is functioning properly and she's finished molting 😍

If the hen is healthy and she's always been on the thin side, I wouldn't try to put weight on her. A hen that's on the heavy side is subject to a lot of issues. Your hen that's recovering will put weight back on naturally. Feeding a complete pellet or crumble feed that's fresh, is the best diet. I like to feed dried black soldier fly larvae as treats, especially during their annual molt because of the extra protein. I feel confident that my Luna Petunia will regain weight once her crop is functioning properly and she's finished molting 😍
Thanks! I just want to make sure she’s healthy.

Update, her crop is mostly better! :celebrate It still is sticking out a very tiny bit, but it goes down with each passing day. Her attitude was fabulous the whole time, she eats and drinks and runs around and is still second in command of the flock!

Okay, I have a question. The hen I mentioned is acting a little lethargic.her crop is better, but she is moulting. I noticed lots of pin feathers on the inside of her thigh. She is eating and drinking. Would moulting cause her to kinda sit down and walk slow? She is preening, and her face has good color.

Back
Top Bottom